Forums

Computer Analysis (~2000 strength) - very bad analysis

Sort:
verydead2

For a while I have my doubts about chess.com computer analysis, but for a computer this move in the next position shouldnt be so hard to find.

Before 27... Bxd4 computer evaluates position -3.59. After the move evaluation is -9.25. It is very hard for me to believe that computer couldnt find that move. That concerns me becouse I want my game to be analysed by computer that always finds better moves than me.

Coach-Bill

Better to not use a computer at all to analyze. It will give you a numerical evaluation, but won't tell you why. Therefore, if you don't use one to show you the way, you fend for yourself and develop your analytical skills. A stronger player will show you what's wrong with your play, but then you learn from him. All part of my free video lessons program.

Shippen

Chess.com computer 2500 is better.

verydead2

I usualy dont have stronger player (actually I dont have anyone) to analyse one-two of my games a week with me so I do it myself. I dont need computers to tell me about mate in 14, but sometimes even after analysis I miss easy 2-3 move tactics that should be very obvious to see so computer helps me find that. One again I have to thank aww-rats for making a video about my game few months ago.

AdamRinkleff
aww-rats wrote:

A stronger player will show you what's wrong with your play, but then you learn from him. All part of my free video lessons program.

Shameless self-promotion.