Forums

Fischer vs. Kasparov

Sort:
ilikeflags
chesspooljuly13 wrote:

It's been great, kids...

See you back in school tomorrow. Don't forget to bring your slickers. We're going on a field trip and I heard it might rain.

you keep signing off then coing back.

nameno1had
chesspooljuly13 wrote:

theoretical boy seems to be saying truth doesn't exist (hard to tell - all those big words got me confused:)

So, saying the sun is hot isn't really a truth because it depends on degree? After all, next to a hotter star, the sun could be described as cool, right? Saying the sun rises in the east isn't a truth because the east is a directional construct of man that just as easily could have been labeled west? Saying being shot is painful isn't a truth because pain is relative? Saying I'm typing on the computer isn't a truth because how can I be sure this reality really exists and i'm not actually dreaming?

Wow, you can play that game forever. Descartes did a long time ago and came to the conclusion that one truth existed - his own existence because he was capable of thought - "I think therefore I am" - so at least we know there is that truth (unless you want to refute Descartes.)

Value systems are relative and subject to change? Maybe for you. Not for me. I don't need to experience "nothingness" to know The Truth exists.

If someone says there is no such thing as truth, just quickly ask them if their last statement was true or not....

ilikeflags

ilikeflags

theoreticalboy

theoreticalboy

ilikeflags

nameno1had
theoreticalboy

nameno1had
theoreticalboy

ilikeflags

theoreticalboy

theoreticalboy

ilikeflags

nameno1had

theoreticalboy

ilikeflags

oh now richard is trying to play along.  gawd this dude wants us to like him so bad.

netzach
chesspooljuly13 wrote

Didn't think someone with a 137 IQ would need this explained to them but water costs money, sleep normally requires a mattress or couch and women aren't likely to marry someone who lacks the basic necessities of life.

Clear now?

Your actually totally wrong there. Where I live water comes from a private-spring (enough to supply entire farm) & I do not pay a nickel or dime for it.

Additonally I do not pay to sleep, nor do I buy wives...

I'm growing tired of educating you.

Do you think maybe the fact that your property has a private spring for water increased its sales/rental price? Do ya think maybe the fact that you are able to sleep in a home increased its sales/rental price? Do ya think if you lacked shelter, food, water, etc., etc. that you would find a wife?

Are you sure you have a 137 IQ as you claimed? I think you added a digit somewhere lol

Clear now ?

No am afraid not. Very unclear..

The articulate & eloquent nature of your writing is beyond my comprehension I guess.

theoreticalboy

This forum topic has been locked