14405 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
I have a few questions about Fritz 13:
1. How strong is the new Fritz 13 engine compared to Houdini and Stockfish?
2. Is the "Calculation Training" feature that was started in Fritz 11 still available in this version?
3. What "training modules" are included with the program?
Also wondering if you can load the 4 million game database into Fritz 13, or does it have a limit on database size?
This is actually my first response to a post ever and I hope it's not too late!
1. Fritz 13 is in the top 5 strongest engines as of now. Houdini 3.0 is the number one.
2. Yes, calculation feature is still in Fritz 13.
3. A few of them such as defense training which enables you to find all pieces undefended. The same thing for attacking pieces. There is also a bindfold option (which I love). Another feature that springs off of the tip of my head is the endgame training. You can import/input your own puzzles and/or use the default one that comes with Fritz 13.
I hope this helps!
"Titled Tuesday LATE EVENT! with GM Eric Hansen"
by SonofaBishop67 a few minutes ago
Alcohol and chess!
by celot 2 minutes ago
Craziest Opening Ever and still beat a much higher rated player
by JReese82 6 minutes ago
what position should I paint on chess painting?
by RLopez05 10 minutes ago
hurt/heal next 2700 player
by Nyx6 16 minutes ago
Sharp yet sound opening repertoire
by BungaBungaFischer 17 minutes ago
How fast should I castle?
by 1PawnWinsGames 20 minutes ago
FIDE titles as tournament prizes: Yes or No
by G_kadas 22 minutes ago
How to challenge a group
by Martin_Stahl 44 minutes ago
My first smothered mate
by Nicholas_Shannon80 46 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!