Grandmaster tactics rating is just 1217 on chess.com

Sanket44

Here is the snapshot and link of this member

http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

Balachandar

Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

valymer

I'll alert the media

DrSpudnik

LOL! At least I'm not the worst at tactics trainer. I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king. These puzzle things only encourage me to play wrecklessly.

Scottrf
DrSpudnik wrote:

I hate chess puzzles, because all I do is look at them and try to crash the highest value piece into the enemy king.

Not the worst strategy ever.

Grobzilla

I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

FredHu

Really? Mine is 1508

CalamityChristie

there's only one true TT.

it's at the Isle of Man.

CalamityChristie
Grobzilla wrote:

I use the TT to determine if I'm too tired or drunk to continue playing, consequently, my score aint great. Plus, as an ad-watcher, I only get 3 a day.

that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

Scottrf

It does feel good to be better than a grandmaster at tactics though.

CalamityChristie

blame it on the TT ... typical!

DrSpudnik

I blame everything on TT!

CalamityChristie

i don't blame it on the sunshine!!!!!

don't blame it on the moonlight!!

don't blame it on the good times!

i blame it on the boogayyyy!!!!!

Grobzilla
CalamityChristie wrote:

there's only one true TT.

it's at the Isle of Man.

+1,000,000

Grobzilla
CalamityChristie wrote:
Grobzilla wrote:

that's actually a very good strategy, or is it tactic ?

Excellent question. I dunno. I'm too tired to figure it out right now. I guess the question was a good strategy/tactic to see if I should stop posting.

Sanket44
Balachandar wrote:

Maybe he allows his students to practice on chess.com. He gets diamond membership which gives unlimited access to TT and he uses it as a training tool for his students. Just a guess. 

I read in one NM's profile that he plays only bullet chess, blitz and standard are played by his son or students. 

hmmmmm u r right.Surprised

EricFleet
Sanket44 wrote:

Here is the snapshot and link of this member

http://www.chess.com/members/view/GMharikrishna

Actually, I can see one's rating being low, especially if one doesn't have a lot of tactics under one's belt. If you take your time and go past the time allotment, your rating ends up quite low. I know on my phone, I will pull up a tactic, get pulled away, get the tactic right but lose 15 points because I didn't do it in the time limit.

ohsnapzbrah

I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

EricFleet
ohsnapzbrah wrote:

I use TT while I use the bathroom every morning. I only get 3 a day. Feels good to be rated 2200 with it though.

No pics, please.

chessman1504
CalamityChristie wrote:

i don't blame it on the sunshine!!!!!

don't blame it on the moonlight!!

don't blame it on the good times!

i blame it on the boogayyyy!!!!!

Michael Jackson ftw!!!