Forums

How was I able to join 2 member created tournaments if I am just a free member??

Sort:
mvtjc

Just look at the titleLaughing, I'm currently playing 1st round on an Albin Countergambit thematic tournament, I clicked 'Join tournament' on a Dutch thematic tournament and I was able to join!! Can someone please explain this?

mvtjc

Someone please answerUndecided

blaund

If you join a tournament and the round of that tournament is over the tournament you are currently in (which is paused because you have to wait for the next round) doesn't count as a tournament for the time being, allowing you to enter a new tournament. Which means you can join multiple tournaments without premium.

short: If you are waiting for a new round to start, it does not count as a tournament untill the next round start.

mvtjc

oh! now I get it. Since I was able to join the dutch tournament after I finished my round 1 games in the albin countergambit tournament, thanks guys :D

nasir4

What happens when the next round of the previous tournament starts do you get kicked out of one of the tournaments?

mvtjc

nope, you just continue unless you are eliminated of course.

nasir4

But then when you are currently playing in a thematic tournament and round two starts in the other tournament wouldn't you be playing in two tournaments simultaniously and isn't that not allowed with free membership.

mvtjc

Not really, it's allowed to play technically in 2 tourneys at the same time but not join at the same time.

nasir4

Oh okay thank you