Forums

How I became a 2100 fide rated in 1 year!

Sort:
andy951

Im still trying to break 2000 ='( 

smackmypawn69

@Faarian

To get from 2400 to 2500 GM Sam Shankland doubled the amount of training he did for one year.

At 2000/2100 I am sure you have some type of training regime already. Compare your training to how GMs/IMs train, see whether you are lacking in some area.

I think a large part of improvement as you are going to 2000s is preparation. Preparing for tournaments, for your opponents is much more important at that level. Looking through your opponents, understanding their psyche and how they think are extremely important traits to develop.

pwnsrppl2

I’m glad someone dug up this old thread. I think this is the most useful post I’ve seen on chess.com.

LuciusSomberlas

cool

NatashaRomannoff

GM Sam Shankland brought me here happy.png congrats Kingzilla am gonna use your strategies as well

tygxc

This is a great post indeed.

"how I managed to do it, and how YOU CAN DO IT as well"
++ It confirms Lasker: 'Having spent 200 hours on the above, the young player, even if he possesses no special talent for chess, is likely to be among those two or three thousand chessplayers [who play on a par with a master]. There are, however, a quarter of a million chessplayers who annually spend no fewer than 200 hours on chess without making any progress. Without going into any further calculations, I can assert with a high degree of certainty that nowadays we achieve only a fraction of what we are capable of achieving.'

"I have for many years not been doing the right thing, a lot of blitz online"
++ It confirms Fischer: 'Blitz kills your ideas'

"My first big improvement was to train in tactics servers."
++ It confirms Teichmann: 'Chess is 99% tactics'

"My system from aron nimzowitsch" ++ My System is one of the best chess books ever

"I like 15 0 or longer time controls" ++ 15|10 is the best to improve

Joanna_Of_Arc

ty

PromisingPawns

It is the exact same position that I am in. Glad that I found your advice. Thanks!