Forums

How long does it take you to reach 2000?

Sort:
Mitchell_Z

I just hit 2000, and I have been playing chess around 1 year. I wonder how long does it generally take to reach 2000 on chess.com and if I am below average or not.

DesertOrder

Above average.

WorstPlayerEver
Mitchell_Z wrote:

I just hit 2000, and I have been playing chess around 1 year. I wonder how long does it generally take to reach 2000 on chess.com and if I am below average or not.

there less than 1% of poeples that are 2000 rated

bishoppairchess

you reached 2000 after learning to play chess one year ago?

WorstPlayerEver
bishoppairchess wrote:

you reached 2000 after learning to play chess one year ago?

he has an IM as coach

WorstPlayerEver

WIM if u prefer

Cold_W1nter

It took me around 18 months or so, which I've heard is above average. Meaning that your progress is astronomical, and you should be proud of it. After all, on chess.com, 2000 is better than 99.9 percent of the users.

WorstPlayerEver
Samanthalee99 wrote:

u can select ur level as pro or master whatever which makes ur rating 2000 in the beginning, if that makes u a happy fool

he want to be FM or even IM in the future

Mitchell_Z

@bishoppairchess yeah, i started to play chess last year in october

Mitchell_Z

@GabT2010 Now I have an IM as my coach now not WIM

Mitchell_Z
Cold_W1nter wrote:

It took me around 18 months or so, which I've heard is above average. Meaning that your progress is astronomical, and you should be proud of it. After all, on chess.com, 2000 is better than 99.9 percent of the users.

I see. Appreciate it

AW250411

It might take 2-3 years to get 2000.

Mitchell_Z
Samanthalee99 wrote:

u can select ur level as pro or master whatever which makes ur rating 2000 in the beginning, if that makes u a happy fool

I will never do that wink

marqumax

1.5 years for me online. 2.5 years for FIDE

Mitchell_Z
marqumax wrote:

1.5 years for me online. 2.5 years for FIDE

2.5 years FIDE for you?

PromisingPawns

Yeah it seems. Some people are just exceptionally talented. One of my friend who started out in the corona period/lockdown is now a 2300+ player. While me, who had started all the way back in my 2017, is still rubbing my @$$ in the 2000s.

PromisingPawns

It seems like you are also once of them. You have a bright future. Keep going, Hikaru is waiting for you!

PATRlCKSTAR2

usually it would take a LONG time... but some people are fast learners so its not a problem for them

JBray10

i am going strong

Chess_Player_lol

it just depends on how much time and commitment someone has, however, 1 year is quite execptional and you should be proud