Forums

Infinite amount of monkeys playing chess

Sort:
gbidari

They would inevitably create "The Immortal Game." (An extention of the monkeys typing the entire works of Shakespear theory.) This view is controversial, however most scholars are in agreement that the monkeys would eventually find the four-move checkmate.

waffllemaster

In fact, they would create the immortal game infinite number of times too.

TheGrobe

They would probably also start posting in these forums.

in fact, I'm not convinced that part hasn't already happened.

George1st
waffllemaster wrote:

Exactly what and idiot would say. Funny how people may be better than others in a particular area and slag at others by name calling as though they were bullied all their lives for being nerds.

You may not no this waffle....... but chess is just a game. Try achieving a similar level in every other field known.

Your self proclaimed awareness skill level, is no more than a child playing a game who also believes that everyone are monkeys (as you describe), because they can't beat him/her in Playsation.

You would actually be funny if you weren't so obviously pathetic.

Yours sincerely,

George1st 

gbidari
TheGrobe wrote:

They would probably also start posting in these forums.

in fact, I'm not convinced that part hasn't already happened.

You are right about that!

waffllemaster
George1st wrote:
waffllemaster wrote:

Exactly what and idiot would say. Funny how people may be better than others in a particular area and slag at others by name calling as though they were bullied all their lives for being nerds.

You may not no this waffle....... but chess is just a game. Try achieving a similar level in every other field known.

Your self proclaimed awareness skill level, is no more than a child playing a game who also believes that everyone are monkeys (as you describe), because they can't beat him/her in Playsation.

You would actually be funny if you weren't so obviously pathetic.

Yours sincerely,

George1st 

dont mkae me laugh to challenge my playstation skillz.  my l337 skillz ownz ur mom so dont even try fool.  chess is for the people who are best and your dumb so go away.  monkeys are better at playstation then you probably dont cry about it though!!! i bet you dont have a playstation either even t hough it sthe best one.  im not pathetic your the most pathetic you dont have skillz in every feeld known only you suck at everything chess to.

Reply edited in a way I hope you're able to understand,

waffles.

kco

CM = Chimpanzee Master

Gomer_Pyle

The nice thing about infinity is that everything is not just possible or probable, but absolutely certain.

Musikamole

10 Little monkeys jumping on a bed,
one jumped up and bumped his head,
Mom called the Doctor and the doctor said
........"no more monkeys jumping on a bed."

---

You wouldn't need an infinite amount of those fuzzy creatures if the chess set were on the bed. The ten monkeys would jump and jump until the pieces found mate!

PrawnEatsPrawn
Gomer_Pyle wrote:

The nice thing about infinity is that everything is not just possible or probable, but absolutely certain.

Yes, convenient that or many arithmetics wouldn't work.

ivandh

George I: would an infinite number of trolls eventually post a useful comment?

Musikamole
ivandh wrote:

Faulty analogy. Trolls, as irritating as they are, do possess a crude form of human intelligence. Monkeys only have a high form of animal intelligence, i.e., sign language. It's like my dog Bubba telling me he wants to go outside, nothing more.

ivandh
Musikamole wrote:
ivandh wrote:

Faulty analogy. Trolls, as irritating as they are, do possess a crude form of human intelligence. Monkeys only have a high form of animal intelligence, i.e., sign language. It's like my dog Bubba telling me he wants to go outside, nothing more.

Faulty recognition. George laid into a guy for no reason, and I am calling him a troll.

Candypants

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INFINITY! Not even in your imagination. I dont know why we have such a stupid word.

Einstein once said: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

But he was WRONG! (i know the quote is probably a joke) Give me a proof that anything is infinite. 

Musikamole
ivandh wrote:
Musikamole wrote:
ivandh wrote:

Faulty recognition. George laid into a guy for no reason, and I am calling him a troll.

+1

Puchiko
LordNazgul wrote:

Would an infinite number of monkeys eventually fly like birds ?

Actually, yes. I studied the Uncertainty Principle  in Physics about two months back

\Delta E \Delta t \gtrsim h,
Basically, it means that we cannot know the time and Energy (--->location) of a particle with a minimal error at the same time. So if we focus on the time (in 10^-32 s range), we'll have a huge error in kinetic energy, so the chimpanzee can be several metres above ground-for that 10^-32 of a second. And if you think about how many particles in a chimpanzee, the stakes are even lower. But yes, with an infinite number of chimps in an infinite amount of time, they'll fly.
TheGrobe
Candypants wrote:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INFINITY! Not even in your imagination. I dont know why we have such a stupid word.

Einstein once said: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

But he was WRONG! (i know the quote is probably a joke) Give me a proof that anything is infinite. 

Ever heard of the Cantor Set?

Crazychessplaya
Candypants wrote:

Start counting the integers and tell me when you find the largest one.

PrawnEatsPrawn

Gents, no more please. Candypants already has plenty to do.

Shivsky

If chess.com is willing to raise funds for a study, I'd consider donating just to see the reports.