justus williams beat magnus

warrior689

Even if u dont go by fide rtngs. the rest of the world does. USCF and NCFP r the only other ratings i have heard of. we have to travel to. Its no diff.

Likhit1
warrior689 wrote:

Even if u dont go by fide rtngs. the rest of the world does. USCF and NCFP r the only other ratings i have heard of. we have to travel to. Its no diff.

There are very very few FIDE tourneys in the US.Atleast that's what i've heard.

SameOldFears

He's a 2300 guy, he's good at the casual level, maybe he playes at the Internet, but he'll never compete against Carlsen at the very top level tournaments. I don't think the US will have anyone good enough to replace Nakamura as of yet.

Mooxy

Justus beat Magnus because Magnus didn't start with a queen... Not to denote Justus or anything but it's kind of hard to beat a master without a queen

superking500
Mooxy wrote:

Justus beat Magnus because Magnus didn't start with a queen... Not to denote Justus or anything but it's kind of hard to beat a master without a queen

 

what do you mean he didnt have a queen

Anomaly777
SameOldFears wrote:

He's a 2300 guy, he's good at the casual level, maybe he playes at the Internet, but he'll never compete against Carlsen at the very top level tournaments. I don't think the US will have anyone good enough to replace Nakamura as of yet.


Conventional wisdom says that players like Williams will never compete at the highest level because even if he has the potential, the resources and backing aren't there. Right now he's focused on his academic goals. He isn't well off enough to have a full time chess coach and he's in public school. He has done exceedingly well at national scholastic tournaments and the few available FIDE events inspite of this. but it's worthy of note that Maurice Ashley didn't even start playing until he was 15, and by age 33 became a GM and eventually reached 2600 level. Williams and his close rivals have an enormous head start on someone like Maurice Ashley; Williams is an FM at 15 and his junior ranking goes up and down between #30 and #50 in the country (out of 43,000+ ranked juniors). 2700 is not a pipe dream.

Natural_Pawn_killer9

It's not actually them !! It's fake , if you look on YouTube you can see the actual game they played at IS318 , justice got destroyed positionally , bag us has his bishop right on justices side , a queen and rook of seventh rank and even an exchange up lol

libyantiger

this is  probably  boy  will complete  the achievments of great black player

emore tate 

libyantiger

they played  one  blitz  in which carlsen win  and then  play  free  time  game   on whcih  justus  wins