x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

List of all 400 legal openings in 2 plies (by # of master games)

Ah, so moves that would be annotated with a square 'ffwere "legal move" replaced with "sound move"[ i.e. maintains theoretical result of round's score].  I wonder if acute'ly forcible scenarios particularly for several turns by both sides tend to be more drawing than overtly obtuse ie nothreatening/quiescent positions 

0sumPuzzlerDtoWL wrote:

Ah, so moves that would be annotated with a square 'ffwere "legal move" replaced with "sound move"[ i.e. maintains theoretical result of round's score].  I wonder if acute'ly forcible scenarios particularly for several turns by both sides tend to be more drawing than overtly obtuse ie nothreatening/quiescent positions 

The acuteness often appears in gambits, exchanges but not necessarily. In my thread about acuteness U can see an old example, called Immortal Draw, consisting exclusively in 1-acute moves. blitz.pngwink.png

#67 NLA: Symmetrical 1. b3 b6 is added. settings.png

#68 van't Kruijs: Indian 1. e3 Nf6 is added. settings.png

Okay, I was busy, but now I'm back and continue to maintain and complete this list. wink.png

Current status: 69 openings with 160+ games in the Explorer.

ChiefBroccoli wrote:

Seems rather subjective. A move early on in the game should be weighed a lot less than later where there are less positions and pieces.

Yes, I know, evaluations depend on engines and statistical evaluations on databases. They clearly shouldn't be taken as the final truth. Nevertheless, it gives some indications on good and bad moves.

greekgift_221b wrote:

What's the purpose of this post?

It's explained in the first post. The purpose is to make the full list with some additional info. What can be unclear here ?!? tongue.png

Online Now