Millionare Chess Tournament in Las Vegas at October 2014

• 24 months ago · Quote · #681

yyoochess

ashikuzzaman wrote:

I have finally compiled my experience of this whole event here -

http://dragonbishop.blogspot.com/2014/10/first-ever-millionaire-chess-open.html

Nice write up!

My son had a very good time playing with your son in the skittles room.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #682

ashikuzzaman

Oh thank you. Ahyan was always excited about your son too like a buddy. They have had such a nice time throughout this whole event!

• 24 months ago · Quote · #683

TheRocketKing

They really need to get rid of that high-stakes bullshit and just vary the entrance fee such as 100, 250, 500, 1000 ($). This is chess and not some kind of spectator sport, even the wcc there are not millions of people watching it on TV for 5+ hours straight although I would certainly like to do that if I got time to spare! Can't wait for the wcc though but I am not sure if MC will be held again next year. I hope so because more chess --> more theory and strategies. If it happens then I really hope they get better commentators, fix their website (just look at chess24 for example) because that was a disaster that you couldn't even follow the games.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #684

yyoochess

TheRocketKing wrote:

They really need to get rid of that high-stakes bullshit and just vary the entrance fee such as 100, 250, 500, 1000 ($). This is chess and not some kind of spectator sport, even the wcc there are not millions of people watching it on TV for 5+ hours straight although I would certainly like to do that if I got time to spare! Can't wait for the wcc though but I am not sure if MC will be held again next year. I hope so because more chess --> more theory and strategies. If it happens then I really hope they get better commentators, fix their website (just look at chess24 for example) because that was a disaster that you couldn't even follow the games.

I hope they keep IM Lawrence Trent.  He was a hoot, and his analysis seemed just fine to this C player.  And I assume that's the audience that they are shooting for, chess fans of average or lower strength.

• 24 months ago · Quote · #685

yyoochess

Post your reply: