Forums

New method of playing chess

Sort:
experienceblack

Hello everyone.

I have invented a new method of playing chess. It is named as "Super-weapon Chess"

The rules and moves are similar to ordinary chess except these changes...

1. The toss (or any other method) decides which of the two players will select white. (winner must choose white)
  2. The game is like a world war in which 6 countries are included... USA, Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Russia.
  3. USA, Britain and France are given to "white" side, i.e. the player playing as white must select any one country among these 3. Similarly Germany, Japan and Russia are for the player playing as "black" and he can select any one of them.
  4. Every country has a simple weapon and a strong weapon.
  5. Every piece on the board is given points.. Pawn=1, Bishop=3, Knight=3, Rook=5, Queen=9.
  6. When the loss happened to your opponent reaches to 8 points, Simple weapon is activated; when the loss is reached at 15 points, Strong weapon is activated.
  7. The weapon can be used at any stage of the game, but only once.
  8. None of the weapon can do any damage to King.
  9. The weapon will cause same effect on the own pieces of the player, if he uses it on himself.
  10. Using a weapon is counted as a move and the player using his weapon will lose his current move.
  11. The player can also use a weapon when his own king is in "CHECK", but the condition is that the weapon he is using would be able to rescue his King out of "CHECK".
  12. Weapons provided to different countries are listed below.

USA:-

• USA is armed with "Nuclear Missile".
  • As a Simple weapon, the player playing as USA is allowed to use a Nuclear Missile, which is having a damage power of 2 X 2 squares. That means, any of the 2 X 2 squares on the board can be selected as "target" by the USA-player and all the pieces in those squares will die immediately. (except the king.. RULE-8)
  • When the Strong weapon is activated, the damage power of Nuclear Missile increases to 3 X 3.

Britain:-

• Britain has the power of "Reinforcement".
  • At the stage of activation of Simple weapon (or later), the British player can reinforce any one piece, that means, he can add a new piece to his army on any empty square of the board.
  • As the Strong weapon, the British player can add two new pieces on any two empty squares of the board.
  • Player is allowed to add the piece according to his choice, means; he can add a Queen also. Adding another King is prohibited.
  • Player must add his new piece on the board such that opponent's king don't fall in a "CHECK".

France:-

• France has two different powers at different stages.
  • As a Simple weapon, the French player can convert any 4 of his 8 pawns to "Specially Trained Pawns". These Trained Pawns can move in any direction and can also perform a capture in any direction (backward, forward, horizontal or diagonal) throughout the whole game, but their range is only one square. In other words, these pawns are similar to the King in moving and capturing, but not in priority.
  • As a Strong weapon, French player has power to "Transfer" any of his piece to any empty square on the board. He can perform "Transfer" with his own king also. By using a "Transfer", the French player can also put opponent's king in a "CHECK" or a "CHECKMATE".

Germany:-

• Germany has a power of "Simultaneous Moves"
  • As a Simple weapon, the German player can take two moves simultaneously. He can also capture the pieces of his opponent or he can also give a "CHECK" or a "CHECKMATE" to opponent's king.
  • As a Strong weapon, the German player can take three moves simultaneously and during this time, his pieces can also jump over other pieces, means, neither of his own pieces nor can his opponent's piece block the way of the German player during this 3 continuous moves.
  • Note that the ability of jumping over other pieces is available only for the Strong weapon, and the continuous moves will end instantly if opponent's king fall in "CHECK".

Japan:-

• Japan is having a "Sniper".
  • As a Simple weapon, the Japanese player can convert any of his piece into a "Sniper" with 2 bullets. The piece which has become a "Sniper" can fire 2 shots of bullets in any direction (forward, backward, horizontal or diagonal) and the piece of his opponent who got a "HIT" will die immediately. In other words, the "Sniper" is identical to a queen which can perform a capture without leaving her square.
  • Note that the way of bullet of "Sniper" can be blocked by other pieces of his opponent, that means, the "Sniper" can not kill opponent's such pieces which are covered by other pieces.
  • As a Strong weapon, the Japanese player can take away any two pieces of his opponent without any obstruction and without moving any of his own pieces.

Russia:-

• Russia has a power of "Mind Control".
  • As a Simple weapon, the Russian player can convert any of his opponent's piece into his own piece.
  • As a Strong weapon, the Russian player can convert any two of his opponent's pieces into his own pieces.
experienceblack

@padman

actually this type of chess is not possible playing online. but eventhough you can experience it in real life playing with a player.i have played it with my friends and found out that USA isn't actually that powerfull as it seems to be. nuclear weapon can destroy 2 X 2 = 4 squares or 3 X 3 = 9 squares but only those which are sticked together as a total square.

and finally, i would like to say that the stretegy of playing game differs every time according to the selection of a country of you and your opponent.

eventhough, if i receive more complaints from the followers of this method about 3 X 3 nuclear weapon, i will restrict it to 2 X 3 squares.

experienceblack

jerry2468

well... you  could try online with postings.

experienceblack

jerry2468

Yes, and what about chains? Using a simple weapon then gives you enough points to use strong... Then what? Huge Material Loss?

experienceblack

@jerry2468

well, germany has the power of chain moves, and the German player can activate his stronger weapon by the using his simple weapon and taking 2 moves simultaneously, but on the contrary, if the opponent is a USA player, he can also activate his strong weapon by using his simple weapon.

similarly, the Japanese player can kill 2 opponent pieces with "Sniper" but if the opponent is British, he can get back new pieces by "reinforcement".

in short, a player should chose his country according to the country his opponent has selected.

Chesspro76

I find this method very interesting and surprisingly very balanced concerning the special weapons in theory, although there is no way to truly know unless you play a few games using this method. I am sure this method could be refined through trial and error but I really like how it sounds and am intrigued to give it a try after reading this thread. Good luck w/ this idea, I think you may be on to something.....

khpa21

Sounds interesting and complicated. Who's up for a test game on these forums?

EDIT: Are the British restricted to adding pieces that have died?

experienceblack

No. British can add any new pieces. In short, you can find a british player who hasn't made any of his pawn reaching at the last row, and yet he is playing with 4 queens..!!

orangehonda

Russia and Germany seem to have the most powerful special moves IMO, not USA.

experienceblack

@chessmates

I'll think about adding new countries. Also Japan needs to be modified; because, as a strong weapon, Japan can only kill any of 2 opponent pieces, but Russia can convert any 2 pieces of his opponent to his own pieces, therefore, no one would like to chose Japan if he is Black.

Also, the strong weapon for France is not strong enough as compared to America and Britain.

So any suggestions for modification of Japanese and French powers?

If u guys want to add some more countries, then also give suggestions about their powers. If enough supporters are available for that country, it'll be added.

jerry2468
experienceblack wrote:

@jerry2468

well, germany has the power of chain moves, and the German player can activate his stronger weapon by the using his simple weapon and taking 2 moves simultaneously, but on the contrary, if the opponent is a USA player, he can also activate his strong weapon by using his simple weapon.

similarly, the Japanese player can kill 2 opponent pieces with "Sniper" but if the opponent is British, he can get back new pieces by "reinforcement".

in short, a player should chose his country according to the country his opponent has selected.

No, for example, USA player blows up a Queen and Rook. That makes him have a score of 8+14 which is 22. Then the USA player can use a strong weapon on his next turn. Isn't that unfair?

experienceblack

@jerry2468

ok then, you may provide suggestions to solve this problem.

Niven42

Ahh, there are some good variants like this at chessvariants.org.  This reminds me very much of the Foreign Policy one...

http://www.chessvariants.org/multiplayer.dir/foreignpolicy.html

derekj1978
[COMMENT DELETED]