Petition to Undo changes

Tacotopia
NikkiLikeChikki wrote:
@tacotopia, I’m not a brah, sister. And no, I don’t. And neither does the vast majority of the chess community. It’s a niche, so congratulations on being the champion of a practically unplayed game.

Thanks? I think Magnus is the champion though...of this "practically unplayed game."

sneezingdino

lol

AgentGPx34

Not signed -- I'm keeping my +150 bullet points tyvm 

NikkiLikeChikki
Magnus is champion because.... he is better at rapid. Am I right?
stassneyking

Since the turn of the century peoples' attention spans got way shorter. To compromise our game to keep the general public entertained would be a shame. In the most recent world chess championship, both players had opportunities to win in classical, but missed them. This is not a snooze fest unless you just don't have the patience or understanding of the game to keep up. If Caruana saw the forced win in 30 that would have been one of the most inspirational moments in all chess history. No one is going to play better with a faster time control, so lets not compromise the quality of this great game.

NikkiLikeChikki
Awww. Little Nikki too dumb to appreciate hours and hours of men in suits staring at a board and having no result! 🥺
horselover123
stassneyking wrote:

Since the turn of the century peoples' attention spans got way shorter. To compromise our game to keep the general public entertained would be a shame. In the most recent world chess championship, both players had opportunities to win in classical, but missed them. This is not a snooze fest unless you just don't have the patience or understanding of the game to keep up. If Caruana saw the forced win in 30 that would have been one of the most inspirational moments in all chess history. No one is going to play better with a faster time control, so lets not compromise the quality of this great game.

but chess is a game, for entertainment... so we might as well "compromise our game to keep the general public entertained" because that is the whole purpose. For entertainment. We don't have to play perfect chess. It's just a game, to have fun, to appreciate the beauty of it. Yes, you can play chess well, be a great chess player, but no one is ever "perfect" at chess, not even the super GMs like Carlsen, and Caruana, etc.

stassneyking

horselover I'm sorry but your comment made me cringe so much. The purpose of chess is absolutely not to keep the public entertained I am sorry

stassneyking

Chess is an art, a science, a sport, and war. It is history and evolution. If you tell any dedicated chess player it is "just a game" they will also cringe. Chess is a reflection of the soul

horselover123
stassneyking wrote:

horselover I'm sorry but your comment made me cringe so much. The purpose of chess is absolutely not to keep the public entertained I am sorry

oops i forgot to take "public" out

i meant to entertain ourselves, sorry lol

NobleElevator
Aiden-1089 wrote:

I think chess.com should undo changes. I usually play 10|0 against bots, and since they move almost instantly, it feels like a 5|0 game instead. Signed!

Actually, if youre playing bots, then 5|5 is fine, since bots play instantly

Lc0_1

no

horselover123

at least for me, i don't care if my game wasn't perfect, i just play it becuz it's fun

maybe i am just horrid at wording my phrases properly

but i don't think chess is enough to play hours on end, yes i understand that it's a "art, science, sport, and war" but you can't deny that it is still a game

digitalageless

please reverse blitz to rapid for 10 min game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

NikkiLikeChikki
@stassneyking — the fact remains that they game YOU like isn’t inherently better than the game that I like. It fits criteria that you think are important, but do not test the wide range of skillsets present in the community. Besides, as I stated earlier, Magnus is not champion because he plays the best classical chess, he’s the champion because he plays the best rapid chess. The entirety of the classical section of the last two championships was irrelevant.
horselover123

i am just gonna try to sum up pretty much every single comment i have made in this thread. 

long games are boring to me because its not worth spending so much time on a game, even if it is super interesting with lots of variations, strategies, theories, positional play, tactics, etc. i am not saying that chess is "just a game", i mean that it isn't worth playing for hours on end until everyone falls asleep, even if it is different from all the other "games" like cards, or board games, or checkers

 

i still dont think ive gotten my point across, i should learn how to write a good essay

Tacotopia
NikkiLikeChikki wrote:
Awww. Little Nikki too dumb to appreciate hours and hours of men in suits staring at a board and having no result! 🥺

Yeah. "No result." Dumb men at Chess board. Why not play hyper bullet...?

stassneyking

You can like whatever time control you want, but you are still going to get the highest quality chess with long time controls. I support having rapid as a tiebreak for sure, but how can you say the rest of the match was irrelevant? That's like saying an entire sports game is irrelevant because it goes into over time. Both players had chances to win but missed them. As a result the match was tied, and they went on to the rapid tiebreak. 

horselover123
Tacotopia wrote:
NikkiLikeChikki wrote:
Awww. Little Nikki too dumb to appreciate hours and hours of men in suits staring at a board and having no result! 🥺

Yeah. "No result." Dumb men at Chess board. Why not play hyper bullet...?

lolll

horselover123
stassneyking wrote:

You can like whatever time control you want, but you are still going to get the highest quality chess with long time controls. I support having rapid as a tiebreak for sure, but how can you say the rest of the match was irrelevant? That's like saying an entire sports game is irrelevant because it goes into over time. Both players had chances to win but missed them. As a result the match was tied, and they went on to the rapid tiebreak. 

lol if i was a gm and i was playing at the world championship match (classical) i would probably quickly lose every game

i often think for fifteen minutes in a long game, and hang my rook, and i also often make a one second move in blitz, that wins my opponents queen

so long games are unequal to higher quality chess, at least for me (and some other people like me)

i have a very short attention span, blitz and bullet more my thing