SCID vs PC

  • #761
    Coastermanchess wrote:

    Is there a way to search for under promotions in Scid Vs Pc? 

    Hmmm - this is something i hadnt looked at before, but if you dig down in the General search, press the "Find Games with Flags", then select "Promotions" flag.

    And i see the backend already has support for Under Promotions, so I just added a new feature to search for UnderPomos (in subversion).

    Unfortunately, the 'found' games won't autoload to the promotion though. It's just a hard-to-change implementation issue.

  • #762

    Does the program auto flag games with promotions and underpromotions?

  • #763

    Yes, it sets internal flags. The button "Find Games with Flags" isn't very accurate.

  • #764

    Oh, good to know. I thought I had to manually add flags for things.

  • #765

    Can someone explain how to use your own piece sets with Scid vs pc? Most of the sets that come with the prog look blurry and jagged when I test them. Thanks. They look OK in the preview but not on the actual board.

    Update: Found where/how to add new piece sets. Downloaded some, but they all look jagged/blurry on the board!

    Update 2: Scid is not accepting my board colour changes.

  • #766

    Everytime I upgrade, I have to change a setting to get rid of the aliasing.  I think it is the auto-resize board that does it but would have to check when I get to my computer.

  • #767

    Is there a way to maintain Statistics of Training (mates n puzzles) - in scid vs pc. I like the way the program can mark tactical exercises when annotating games & puts it under tactics. 

    But i would like the program to keep a track of these exercises...

    Is there any way to do that ?

  • #768

    Does the interface to ICCF (web chess) work for anyone?  I gave up this feature a couple of years ago when it just stopped working

  • #769
    ANIKETGOKHALE wrote:

    Is there a way to maintain Statistics of Training (mates n puzzles) - in scid vs pc. I like the way the program can mark tactical exercises when annotating games & puts it under tactics. 

    But i would like the program to keep a track of these exercises...

    Is there any way to do that ?

    Are you refering to the find-best-move feature ? If so, maybe you just want to search the database for tactics flag ? In the general search, click on "Find games with Flags" and then click on tactics.

  • #770

    Under Play there is Mate N Puzzles  > that takes us to tactics which can be played, but the program does not keep any stats of those we have played .......

    Thanks for pointing out "games with flags" 

  • #771

    phpSzWymY.png

  • #772

    Iam having this error, so I am unable to use scidvspc, any advise please

  • #773

    Try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.....

  • #774

    I did that and dit not work

  • #775

    I'm still having trouble with the jagged sets and the prog refusing the switch to the colour scheme I instruct. I've tried resizing the board and reinstalling but to no avail.

  • #776
    hectoralmonte wrote:

    I did that and dit not work

    Which version are you using ? i am on 4.12 

    Uninstall should be clean. Lot of times files are left behind. You will need to delete those manually and then reinstall. 

     

  • #777
    ANIKETGOKHALE wrote:
    hectoralmonte wrote:

    I did that and dit not work

    Which version are you using ? i am on 4.12 

    Uninstall should be clean. Lot of times files are left behind. You will need to delete those manually and then reinstall. 

     

    Thanks, that works, now i can use scidvspc. I prefer this one over chessbase reader. thanks alot.

     

  • #778
    ed1975 wrote:

    I'm still having trouble with the jagged sets and the prog refusing the switch to the colour scheme I instruct. I've tried resizing the board and reinstalling but to no avail.

    I'm having the color issue on linux so Idunno what's going on there. You should be able to just drag those lines to make the board larger.

Top
or Join
=

Online Now