Forums

Stuff Non-Chess Players Say

Sort:
JustOneUSer
Ha! I got your horse for my queen! Might as well give up now!
dragonair234
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:
akafett wrote:

How precise and detailed are the models? Sounds interesting :-) 

Every bolt is painted the color it should be. The brake calipers are accurate. I scratch built spark plug wires for them and are in the correct firing order. Seat belts are scratch built as well as "carpet" floor mats made of gauze died the correct color.

That is damn awesome. Do you have a Lambo Gallardo Convertible model? I don't know much about cars but that's the sexiest car I've ever seen, imho. (Also does it bug you when people call it "lambo"????) ;P

dragonair234
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:

I got challenged to a 14 day per move online chess game... NOPE. 

14 days?!

If both players took that allotted time, with an average of 30 moves per game, that's a game that would last 840 days!

My reasoning exactly! I mean, come on. I'd be waiting half a month for your first move as white. hahaha 

dragonair234
VicountVonJames wrote:
Ha! I got your horse for my queen! Might as well give up now!

Did the guy from work say that? lolol jk jk Tongue Out

dragonair234

Ugh. I'm not going to the National Open in Vegas this month /: But I went the past two years. I'll have to break my short tradition of going. I'd like to go next year though. Anyone else going, who wants to say that they're going? I'd like to, but hopefully next year will be more convenient. Frown And yeah yeah I know I don't play to win money. (Although I do know someone in our group of friends who went last year and did play for money - and did a good job at it.) It's just really fun and I really enjoyed the people I went with last year. Hopefully next year will work out again :D 

hansamuel

this dude in my class told me that he was the best as chess. So i asked him to play me and he said yes. So on his first move he moved a pawn diagonally. Lol

dragonair234
hansamuel wrote:

this dude in my class told me that he was the best as chess. So i asked him to play me and he said yes. So on his first move he moved a pawn diagonally. Lol

lol! And did you continue playing? xD

STEVESMITHFAN49

"What's 'chess'?"

lolhappy.png

sea_of_trees

Some girls say...

"Oh yeah, chess, that's like checkers but more advanced. Are you like, a smart person?

akafett
dragonair234 wrote:
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:
akafett wrote:

How precise and detailed are the models? Sounds interesting :-) 

Every bolt is painted the color it should be. The brake calipers are accurate. I scratch built spark plug wires for them and are in the correct firing order. Seat belts are scratch built as well as "carpet" floor mats made of gauze died the correct color.

That is damn awesome. Do you have a Lambo Gallardo Convertible model? I don't know much about cars but that's the sexiest car I've ever seen, imho. (Also does it bug you when people call it "lambo"????) ;P

No Gallardo (sorry); only the older ones (Countach LP 400, LP 500, 5000s Quatrovalvole, and the old 1967 Miura). The next one I want is either an Aventador or a Sesto Elemento.

And, no, it does not bother me hear my favorite car called a Lambo, as I know everything about it. happy.png

dragonair234
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:

No Gallardo (sorry); only the older ones (Countach LP 400, LP 500, 5000s Quatrovalvole, and the old 1967 Miura). The next one I want is either an Aventador or a Sesto Elemento.

And, no, it does not bother me hear my favorite car called a Lambo, as I know everything about it.

:D !!! I vote for Aventador, since I don't know the other. ha. Some stock photo of Aventador was actually my Facebook cover photo for a while... fun fact. Also, my dad gave me a small model of the Aventador in orange. I'd prefer a different color, but you probably know the model I'm talking about that you can get at some store. 

Since we're on the topic of this... The other month I saw some guy park his Lambo Aventador in a regular parking lot, presumably to go eat at some restaurant, but I was shocked that he just walked away from his car after parking it. Don't you need a car cover for those things, or valet, or something!! Not just park it in some parking lot where any car can get easily dinged or brushed up against. Also the reason why we don't see supercars parked just anywhere. IDK, those were my thoughts. 

dragonair234
Classyfall wrote:
Let's play chess!2 mins later
This is boring

bump. lol 

dragonair234

I convinced a friend to download the chess.com app and a few months later I found out that they deleted it. lol oh well 

ThatChapThere

anyone else noticed how difficult it is to let chess noobs win. I try really hard and then they leave a mate in 3 and I simply can't resist.

akafett
dragonair234 wrote:
akafett wrote:
dragonair234 wrote:

And, no, it does not bother me hear my favorite car called a Lambo, as I know everything about it.

:D !!! I vote for Aventador, since I don't know the other. ha. Some stock photo of Aventador was actually my Facebook cover photo for a while... fun fact. Also, my dad gave me a small model of the Aventador in orange. I'd prefer a different color, but you probably know the model I'm talking about that you can get at some store. 

Since we're on the topic of this... The other month I saw some guy park his Lambo Aventador in a regular parking lot, presumably to go eat at some restaurant, but I was shocked that he just walked away from his car after parking it. Don't you need a car cover for those things, or valet, or something!! Not just park it in some parking lot where any car can get easily dinged or brushed up against. Also the reason why we don't see supercars parked just anywhere. IDK, those were my thoughts. 

I live near a road track that car clubs frequent. So, I see good number of exotic cars: Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche. I even saw a McLaren last week; $500,000 car. They put those cars on the track and have a fun weekend.

NewArdweaden
ThatChapThere wrote:

anyone else noticed how difficult it is to let chess noobs win. I try really hard and then they leave a mate in 3 and I simply can't resist.

Sure thing m8

akafett
ThatChapThere wrote:

Yes! I tried that once. It was so difficult to let the person win. I hung pieces like crazy, left my King uncastled on the back rank. I even moved my king once towards my Rook so I couldn't 0-0 AND my Rook would be stuck in the corner. I actually tried to lose! So, finally, after a couple of hours, I decided to end the pain and # my opponent.

He said, "I though you were going to make this easy for me..."

dragonair234
akafett wrote:
ThatChapThere wrote:

Yes! I tried that once. It was so difficult to let the person win. I hung pieces like crazy, left my King uncastled on the back rank. I even moved my king once towards my Rook so I couldn't 0-0 AND my Rook would be stuck in the corner. I actually tried to lose! So, finally, after a couple of hours, I decided to end the pain and # my opponent.

He said, "I though you were going to make this easy for me..."

I guess he wanted you to resign or something? Lol idk 

dragonair234

I have the worst luck with these comment page bumps. xD 

chesster3145

*bump*