x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Stockfish is blind!

  • #1

    Since many here think I am weak and not worhty of writing good books,

    above is a position from one of my games against Stockfish played on talkchess

    forum in late 2014.

    TC was 30 minutes per game, so close to analytical.

    How many people will find the move with which I won against Stockfish?

  • #2

    Stockfish is black, it is white's turn, I am not certain where the turn

    is shown on this diagram.

  • #3

    So you're telling me you can do what no super GM can do? haha liar. cheater! Go die.

  • #4

    Play in OTB tournaments if you want to show how good you are.

  • #5
    PieceOfPoo wrote:

    So you're telling me you can do what no super GM can do? haha liar. cheater! Go die.

    Later I will post a link to the whole thread on talkchess, where the game has been played under

    controlled conditions, everybody following.

    Stockfish has been playing on 16 threads.

    So, you are unable to find the move, right, hence the bitterness?

     

    I hope that chess.com is not such a weak forum after all, that no one is able to see the win.

  • #6
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    Play in OTB tournaments if you want to show how good you are.

    The new paradigm will be playing and analysing in back rooms, the Fischer way, rather than participating over the board.

    In such a way, much higher concentration is guaranteed, which is of primary importance for chess.

     

    Fischer would have lost the match in 1972, if the venue had not been transferred to a back room,

    right?

  • #7

    So I assume it's Qf6+...

  • #8

    Not that I (or the computer) can see. It doesn’t look like there are any tactics, but White is certainly better in this position, contrary to what Stockfish claims.

  • #9
    JamesColeman wrote:

    So I assume it's Qf6+...

    Thank you, James.

    At least one constructive person here.

     

    Right, that is the move(but I guess, with 2 exclams added), and then?

    Do you know what current Stockfish says on this position?

  • #10

    Engines are notorious for incorrect evaluations of closed positions. This is largely due to 2 factors: they are materialistic and the horizon effect. Sacrificing a piece for an immediate checkmate is easy for them to find. Sacrificing a piece to find a winning advantage 15 moves later is another thing entitely.

  • #11
    I’m going to pown all of you
  • #12
    Lyudmil_Tsvetkov wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    Play in OTB tournaments if you want to show how good you are.

    The new paradigm will be playing and analysing in back rooms, the Fischer way, rather than participating over the board.

    In such a way, much higher concentration is guaranteed, which is of primary importance for chess.

    That makes no sense.

    Anyway first of all the position seems composed (or from analysis), I doubt this came from a real game vs stockfish at full strength on a standard PC. Maybe I'm wrong though, show the full game.

    Secondly I see an attack, but can't find a mate after Qf6. e.g.

     

  • #13
    Lyudmil_Tsvetkov wrote:
    bb_gum234 wrote:

    Play in OTB tournaments if you want to show how good you are.

    The new paradigm will be playing and analysing in back rooms, the Fischer way, rather than participating over the board.

    In such a way, much higher concentration is guaranteed, which is of primary importance for chess.

     

    Fischer would have lost the match in 1972, if the venue had not been transferred to a back room,

    right?

    And Kasparov, Anand, Kramnik, Tal, Karpov Alekhine, Botvinnik, Petrosian,Smyslov   Spassky, Carlsen , won the title without playing in  a back room.

       So you can't concetrate if you don't play in a back room because you are , like Fischer , a  creative and crazy  genious.Is that your point?

  • #14

    I can't see a win either, I was working on the basis that if it's not Qf6+ it's not anything happy.png

     

    There's 24.Ng5 h5 25.Bxh5 but if Black doesn't (of course) take, and plays something like Rfd8, intending to run with the King, not really sure how to continue...

  • #15

    Here's a line from Stockfish on m PC: 1 Qf6+ Bxf6 2 gxf6+ Kg8 3 Ng5 h5 4 Bxh5 Rb7 5 Bf2 Be8 6 Rg1 Qa7 and here Stockfish says there is a forced mate in 8 and gives 7 Rg4 Nxd4 8 Bxd4 Qxd4 9 cxd4 c3 10 Bxg6 fxg6 11 Rgh4 etc

    However, I doubt if the moves I've given are the best defense

  • #16
    JamesColeman wrote:

    I can't see a win either, I was working on the basis that if it's not Qf6+ it's not anything

     

    There's 24.Ng5 h5 25.Bxh5 but if Black doesn't (of course) take, and plays something like Rfd8, intending to run with the King, not really sure how to continue...

    h5 feels dangerous, but that's a normal try, and maybe black is fine grin.png

    Although I'm not sure the king can run because after the bishop retreats if Kf8 then Rh8 is mate.

    I may be wrong but instinctively I'd like to try to distract with the queenside pawns starting with Nxa3. One funny knight maneuver would be something like Na3-b5-c7-e8 heh.

  • #17

    But you never played a single game of chess so that post does not make any sense.

  • #18
    bb_gum234 wrote

     

    h5 feels dangerous, but that's a normal try, and maybe black is fine 

    Although I'm not sure the king can run because after the bishop retreats if Kf8 then Rh8 is mate.

    I may be wrong but instinctively I'd like to try to distract with the queenside pawns starting with Nxa3. One funny knight maneuver would be something like Na3-b5-c7-e8 heh.

     

    Yes, you’re right, I just meant that after ...Rd8 Black would only then maybe be threatening to take the Bishop, essentially it was just a ‘pass’ move. ...Nxa3 is interesting.

  • #19

    Thank you everybody for your feedback.

     

    Not to respond to everybody individually, here a link

    to bring back to life an intriguing thread on talkchess, involving the live chess game between me and Stockfish, played in late 2014:
    http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic_view=threads&p=598874&t=54487&sid=863741b0621363b365f8debe27a1a99c
    This is just to show how much analytical effort has gone into developing the right strategies to overpower the top engines.
    With each move consistently analysed for half an hour, and Stockfish using 16 threads, the amount of knowledge one gets from similar sessions is certainly tremendous.

    And that is only one of maybe more than a thousand similar analytical threads on talkchess during the last 5 years.

    Some might try to raise cheating allegations against me, but I am worth
    what I am worth.

  • #20

    To clarify that the game started from a constructed position(see beginning of thread).

    The reason was we wagered whether Stockfish could lose in a specific closed position,

    which it evaluated greatly to its favour, most people on talkchess did not believe then(see comments

    during the game), just like you, but they do now.

    And please note, that the game was LIVE, so no possibility to fake pgns, TC or

    something else.

    I might have been using Stockfish indeed, or some other engine, but to what end,

    as it is clearly evident neither Stockfish, nor Komodo or Houdini at the time see mate

    up until a dozen moves after the key Qf6 sacrifice.

    Nor do current top engines.

     

    We have of course, played many other live games on talkchess, you should just browse

    the forum.

Top

Online Now