Forums

stuck at 700:)

Sort:
DevilishApples123

I can offer really cheap chess lessons to help you if you want, I know what it is like to be at that moment.

Terminator-T800

If your stuck at 700 I say work on concentration because this game needs a lot of it 

nweaver433

Could anyone help me ? im trying to get to 1000 ive been to a chess tournament a long time ago when I was a 1400 elo but I stopped playing for years and ive lost it..

Bgabor91

Dear Szymek999,

I can help you with improving all of your skills (openings, strategies, tactics and endgames) at chess. I've already helped many beginners with increasing their rating significantly (see the feedbacks from my coaching services below). I am an official, full-time chess coach and I am looking for more and more pupils. Let me introduce myself. happy.png

My name is Gabor Balazs. I am a Hungarian FM, fighting for the IM title. My top ELO is 2435. I have been playing chess for 21 years. I won the Hungarian Rapid Championship twice (U16 and U18).

I love teaching chess and it is very important for me that both of us enjoy the lessons beside the hard work. I have pupils almost all the levels from beginners to advanced players (1100-2200 ELO).

You can see a lot of feedbacks from my coaching services here: https://www.chess.com/forum/view/chess-lessons/feedbacks-from-my-services

Why should you choose me?

- I have a widespread opening repertoire (a lot of openings are analysed by strong Grand Masters).

- I have a lot of chess books in PDF and Chessbase format, so I can teach you the main middlegame plans, the art of calculations, famous chess games and the endgame theory.

- I have elaborated, personalized training plans, which help you to improve your skills effectively.

- I help you analyse your games deeply, so you can realise your mistakes and learn from them.

- I am really flexible and hard-working person, the quality of my work is really important for me.

- My lessons are on Skype or Zoom with webcam and screensharing. (Skype ID: balazs.gabor91 ; Zoom ID: balazsgabor1991@gmail.com)

- I give homeworks, so you can also practice alone and I check your solutions in my free time.

- I answer your messages within 1 day, I am not the type of coach who disappears for a week after the lesson.

My hourly rate is 80 USD/hour but package discount is also available.

Please, contact me (balazsgabor1991@gmail.com), if you are interested in working with me, I am looking forward to your message. happy.png

GreysideBoss
sadkid2008 wrote:

There are a few simple steps you can do to boost your rating in no time at all! With this method comes great self-esteem, a possible increase in skill, and, of course, a definite increase in rating!

Step 1: Create a chess.com account

Step 2: When asked what level of player you are, select "advanced".

Step 3: Feel good about your 1800 rating points! Congratulations! If people doubt your skill because of the roundness of your rating, simply play one game and you will still be well above 700 with a credible-looking rating

If I knew this lifehack I wouldn't be 700. Considering I made it down to 380 before, I'd only be at 980 all time minimum. I'd be at 1300 at this point, and I would feel like the almost 10k games I've played haven't gone completely to waste. Life-changing lifehack, I can now create a new account and step away from chess forever.

NonoZ34

Kdkd

arosbishop

You will never be good at chess if you do not play slow games good. Go to Dan Heismans Web site read as many articles you find there follow his advices and train on them.

Malmsbury
I can coach you . 700 is also my ceiling
Theo_Sym
ErikWQ wrote:

Nobody has a ceiling of 700 unless you make zero effort to study the game. Stop playing stupid blitz, play 30 minute games or daily games. Buy some beginner level books or watch some of the many videos on YouTube for beginners. Do these things and you will improve. I was once 800 rated I got better by studying and playing exclusively 30 minute games. I never touched blitz until I was 15-1600 rapid and even then I wish I had never started playing it. It slowed my progress severely. I've just returned to chess after a long break (was going to quit for good) and this time around I'm not messing with blitz at all. I always wanted to be 2000 rapid on here and this time I'm going to get there. I'm playing only rapid and studying seriously until I get it.

Thanks so much! I am rated 700 rapid and I'm pretty much stuck there. I will try what you suggested. Also, I checked your profile and you have nearly reached your goal of 2000! I wish you good luck!