Forums

The 9 years old student of mine reached 2000 at lichess and 1850 at chess com in just one year

Sort:
Chess_Polimac

A few days ago, one of my 9-year-old students reached a rating of 2000 at lichess and 1850 at chess.com. I have been coaching him for a year, and he dedicates one to two hours per day to his training. Our coaching involves a combination of live lessons and daily tasks sent to him via Slack. I provide him with study material and monitor his progress daily. Additionally, I frequently send game analyses and video materials. The key to his success lies in consistency, hard work, and player stability. With 20 years of coaching experience and over 3,000 students, I have learned that a coach must provide support and be a friend during critical moments. If you wish to find out more about my work and improve your game please contact me today at dpolimac@gmail.com Effective communication with my students via Slack is one of the most important factors in their development. Good luck chess lovers !

play4fun64

Congratulations for coaching well.

Chess_Polimac
play4fun64 wrote:

Congratulations for coaching well. Thanks

Zenfire2003

. Congratulations on hard work by you both.

bobby_max

How much are you bilking his parents for your lessons?

chesssblackbelt

He's gonna need a new coach soon lol

Chess_Polimac
Zenfire2003 wrote:

. Congratulations on hard work by you both. Thank you M . You are amazing student as well

Chess_Polimac
chesssblackbelt wrote:

He's gonna need a new coach soon lol This is the process, and it's okay, but don't forget that there are many more people aiming for 2000 than for 2300.

Chess_Polimac
Luke-Jaywalker wrote:

i coached a student from about rating 1400 to 1900 but after beating him 27-0 he started using an engine "Perhaps playing with your student is not a great idea in the first place."

play4fun64
bobby_max wrote:

How much are you bilking his parents for your lessons?

Chess coach is a respectable profession. No Free lessons of any kind (Piano, Tennis, School Subjects, etc)

Chess_Polimac
bobby_max wrote:

How much are you bilking his parents for your lessons? I believe my fee is reasonable and fair, ensuring satisfaction for both parents and me

play4fun64

@OP. Ignore the Troll. Keep up the good work of coaching young chess players.

chesssblackbelt
Chess_Polimac wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

He's gonna need a new coach soon lol This is the process, and it's okay, but don't forget that there are many more people aiming for 2000 than for 2300.

Yeah you can still take credit though when he becomes titled.

Chess_Polimac
chesssblackbelt wrote:
Chess_Polimac wrote:
chesssblackbelt wrote:

Yeah you can still take credit though when he becomes titled. As the coach to 14 Irish chess champions, 2 British champions, and the youngest FIDE masters in Ireland, head coach of the Irish junior team, member of the educational commission at ECU, and the first-ever adviser to the Minister for Sport as a chess player and coach, the credits have already been taken. "The smile on a child's face is enough for me now."

ChessQueenAA05

Good work!

Chess_Polimac
ChessQueenAA05 wrote:

Good work!

Thank you so much

Chess_Polimac

I am offering a half-price rate to one student to help them achieve a 300 rating point increase in 6 weeks.

BigChessplayer665

Good job for the student !I reached the same level in about 10 months,2000,(except on chess.com )

For kids depending on the type of pattern recognition/visulization they are good at they can improve really quickly 1800 in a year means they have potential to reach IM maybe GM

BigChessplayer665

If you practice or study 1 -2 hours a day you should be about 1500-2000 in a year if you aren't either your doing something wrong (you could also just be bad at a board game ) some people just don't have the right brain for chess which is ok

Or is like slow and steady wins the race

Chess_Polimac
QuantumTopologistISBACK wrote:

How can you coach 1800s when you are only 2000? People should only be coaching others 500 points less or even lower.

"Dubov is Carlsen's coach, so how would you explain this? Also, who would be the coach to Djokovic, Nikola Jokic, or Luka Doncic? https://en.chessbase.com/post/dubov-faces-criticism-in-russia Best players in the world have coaches, and I would like to let you know that one of the top opening coaches in the world is an International Master from Croatia, rated 2310. He is an opening coach to more than ten 2600-rated players! But I could coach you was watching your games and there is a lot of room for progress