Forums

Time to get 1500 rating

Sort:
tacticop

The title says it all... How much time or games it normally takes to get to 1500 online rating? 

Because If my last game were rated and the one I currently play, I would easily be 1500.

But... I saw a lot of people who are this rating and played at least 10 times the amount of games I played and I find it weird.

kco

but it can be quicker if the person is young, got time and playing otb in club.

HotBoxRes

The more you play the quicker you'll improve.

Even faster if you combine that with study, such as reading chess books.

tacticop

Wait... i'm talking about 1500 online rating on chess.com, not Elo or fide XD.

And I studied about 5 hours and played about 7-8 hours and trained tactics for... wait a second I'll see.

@ about 500-600 and it's all my experience at chess in all my life, I started chess when my friend Timome told me about this site. I never played in real life against friends or tournaments or whatever, here no one likes chess.

kco

live chess or turn based ?

tacticop

turn based

tacticop

My total experience in chess is about 15 games, Never studied openings

trysts

Maybe you're a genius? There are a lot of geniuses here! What's your I.Q.?

kco

you can get to 1500 turn based easily, with little study (but it help) play at a reasonable nos of games at a time, say between 20-30 (as long you can manage it well) take your time to make your move with analysis and do your blunder check before you make your move.  

trysts

Do you have talent? Are you male? Do you have a gift? 

tacticop
trysts wrote:

Maybe you're a genius? There are a lot of geniuses here! What's your I.Q.?

I don't know xD. When I was 10 years old, it was 114 if I remember well.

Kco: 20-30 games in all or per periods of time ex: weeks or months ? 

kco

In my case I use the 3 days/move it may last up to 3-4 months or more even less if the other players move faster, you'll see.

tacticop

Ok thanks

waffllemaster

lol trysts.

trysts
waffllemaster wrote:

lol trysts.

Wink

kco
greg135 wrote:

I'd be more concerned about the 537 blitz rating

why ? he would be better off to leave the blitz alone and focus on longer time control.

JEMORANGE

Looking at your games, you have a long way to go to get to 1500 rating. You played pretty well but your opponent blundered pretty badly. Im almost at a 1500 rating and its been a year since i ever started playing chess. 

tacticop

Got your answer tryst XD...  

http://www.mon-qi.com/mon-qi-1/resultat.php?ref=H1JcXbhVGg5yiYByE6K7ViMLFA5uc5suqDvIAnsTlIelayjahqBpqIWxCtAblOYG2dMUa5ptwIAMCnBopAopkA%3D%3D

JEMORANGE: what game games did you look at ?

lewisksouwgh: you think you're smarter? lol

kco

@  greg135: excatly, that's why I say 'longer time control' so he can learn better.

JEMORANGE

Your only turnbased game