Forums

What happened to Josh Waitzkin?

Sort:
kingsrook24

itchy, great post. i often wonder if he will ever return to the game.

Kowarenai

he won't really return to chess as john has made it clear that he has lost his motivation and thought that the game was more something which was draining his life, it no longer felt fun for him as he put it and while many players rather have him return he probably won't do it for a couple years. he does like the movie a lot and really feels like it was an incredible highlight but he really says that when he alienated from it, he simply just couldn't do it anymore which is sad

kingsrook24

it is sad but perhaps someday when his body can no longer work because of age he will still have his mind. one can only hope. thanks

goldenduckhunter
Josh waitzkin’s still searching for Bobby Fischer.
DrSpudnik
goldenduckhunter wrote:
Josh waitzkin’s still searching for Bobby Fischer.

His last known (and likely eternal) whereabouts is the Laugardaelir church cemetery 37 miles southeast of Reykjavík.

He should be easy to find.

Mshadows113

Honestly. I would say that Mr W quit competitive chess because one it was his own volition and 2 he felt he had peaked outside of feeling his own burnout for it. And look at what he did after.  An International Master at a game he loved.  He leaves and gets jolted back to life with Tai Chi push hands and becomes world champion. I just wish Mr W had it in him to love chess to just give us one more Chessmaster series.  I am searching like mad to find one that works

This forum topic has been locked