Forums

What is you chess resolution for the new year (2016)?

Sort:
aloofandpoofed

To defeat Touya Akira.

MSteen

To actually read and study, cover to cover, at least 3 of Seirawan's books: Tactics, Strategy, and Endings. I've HAD them for years, but somehow osmosis has failed so far.

DoctorMove
OnceUponaCheckmate wrote:

Easier siad than done. So far I only managed to play less at meal time.

Well, that's a start! Smile

Doverblitzboy

To get my ECF rating above 200 again and start to analyse properly some of the rubbish openings I have punted the last 20 years....!

504kev

To raise my rating 200 points a month.

Nipplewise

Endgames.

Karlar_Wilson

Same.  My endgame is horrid.  Want to work on it together?

innocenthurt666

thank u all for ur nice comments.i wish to be the state champion this year and i am working hard for that.

SpiritoftheVictory

DoctorMove wrote:

SpiritoftheVictory wrote:

What is you chess resolution for the new year (2016)? More time for chess, less time for comments! :)

Hmmm... 

----------------->>>>>> Yea, I'm not doing too good on that resolution so far. :) :) Perhaps I need a new one. :) Like taking it easy, listening to more pop music or something. :)

SpiritoftheVictory

MSteen wrote:

To actually read and study, cover to cover, at least 3 of Seirawan's books: Tactics, Strategy, and Endings. I've HAD them for years, but somehow osmosis has failed so far.

________________>>>>>>>>>>>>> :) Drink some beer. :) Just kiddin'. Don't be too hard on yourself, reading chess books ain't an easy thing to do. They normally have too many variations and are too complex like they're written in another language. That's why we all have them but rarely read them. IT'S EASY TO BE LAZY. Welcome to the club. :)

Skinnyhorse

To put more chess books on my bookshelf.  Then I will go through 15 pages of the book and put it away for the next 10 years.  And I wonder why I don't improve?

Heretowinn

To play 2500 games in the summer