Forums

Why do player stare at each other like a psycho?.

Sort:
Angom_Nongsha_Singh

I have noticed frequent in tournament matches in television that most player keep staring the other like a statue without any smile. Uhhh i will die in shyness.. In my case ,can't even raise my head?

What is the theory behind staring?

blueemu

If your opponent thinks that he's playing against a dangerously unhinged psychotic, it might be hard for him to give his full attention to the game.

blueemu

I like my theory better.

Annabella1

I cant play in tournaments.....Im too expresive....I make faces and  start talking to myself  hahahahahaha

Mandy711

Psychological warfare. War between two psychos.

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

I cant read faces @balachandar

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Lolz but experienced players wouldnt make faces.

winerkleiner

I have a nervous tic and it looks like I'm winking at my opponent, it's most disconcerning.

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

But i didnt got YOU.

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

It happens to me too!!

Annabella1

I have many tics

DrSpudnik

I have intentionally looked worried when waiting for my opponent to fall into a trap. If someone wants to judge by my face instead of the position, that's OK by me.

Angom_Nongsha_Singh

Oh ehehehe..

Annabella1

Good technique Dr. Spud

winerkleiner

When my opponent touches a piece intented to move, I shake my head no violently and roll my eyes.

DrSpudnik
skullskullskull wrote:
DrSpudnik wrote:

I have intentionally looked worried when waiting for my opponent to fall into a trap. If someone wants to judge by my face instead of the position, that's OK by me.

My OTB rating is several hundred points above my internet ratings because I look like an idiot.

An effective strategy!

blueemu
skullskullskull wrote:

My OTB rating is several hundred points above my internet ratings because I look like an idiot.

Yeah, that doesn't work in online games, because EVERYONE on the Internet is an idiot.

Magnet-21

It is in fact a message that they are conveying. When these two players are super-GM's and are staring at each other, it means that they are secretly to each other and discussing the game. When it is Chuck Norris, it means you're about to receive punishment.

winerkleiner

In mid game, I excuse myself, give myself a hair cut, come back looking like David Spade.  It works everytime.

rooperi