Forums

Why should a pawn be promoted to another Queen when there is one the board?

Sort:
HourraPapa

Why ? It is the rule. Point barre.

BMeck
GENERALreplacesQ wrote:

Hello there. General had been injured during a missile attack. He is again here

Its a queen

BMeck

Prove it

Conquistador
GENERALreplacesQ wrote:

No. He is inappropriately called a queen

I think that you are a queen in the game of drama.

GSHAPIROY
bdexchess wrote:

i think its kinda confusing for it to be possible to have more than one Queen on the board or more than two rooks,Knights e.t.c...all in the name of promoting a pawn.makes the game horrible for the recieving end

Why?

chessgm8 wrote:

It makes it easier for you to win. But if I already have enough mating material (such as a queen), I usually do not make my opponent suffer by promoting another pawn.

Somewhat agreed. But if there are only 4 pieces on the board, and you have 2 queens, then that is looking for a stalemate.

bdexchess
GENERALreplacesQ wrote:

Hello there. General had been injured during a missile attack. He is again here

lol...now what do you have for us since you survived the attack?

timbeau

Promote it to whatever you feel like. Why? Its part of the game called Chess. Simple.

But if you want to see a really different game and you can tune into this side of the planet then watch 4Corners on ABC1 tonight at 11.20 AEST. Please.

BMeck
GENERALreplacesQ wrote:

If a soldier reaching the 8th rank is promoted to a queen instead then one thing is obvious. The king is gay

That does not make any sense

TheGrobe
BMeck wrote:
GENERALreplacesQ wrote:

If a soldier reaching the 8th rank is promoted to a queen instead then one thing is obvious. The king is gay

That does not make any sense

BMeck, meet GENERALreplacesQ.

dayeze
[COMMENT DELETED]
Umadbrother95

Threesome that's why

bdexchess

@umadbrother;lmfao...you are damn funny man! threesome in did

Umadbrother95

hhahahahahahha yeah

ab121705
bdexchess wrote:

i think its kinda confusing for it to be possible to have more than one Queen on the board or more than two rooks,Knights e.t.c...all in the name of promoting a pawn.makes the game horrible for the recieving end

I know, it's so unfair; and then when the opponent gets checkmated...there should be no winners or losers in chess; every game should be a draw

ponz111

This forum is one of the dumbest I have seen. The question is rather dumb.

bdexchess
ponz111 wrote:

hey babe....why do you think so?

Math0t

Last Thursday I promoted one of my pawns to a second Queen in the opening (in a quick OTB game). Two moves later for a moment I forgot I had two Queens and was therefore trying to avoid a Queen trade Embarassed

Luckily I regained consciousness soon after, traded one pair of Queens and mated my opponent using the other Queen.

Irontiger
ponz111 wrote:

Lurk moar. That's not even the worse thread of the week. Take for example this one, where I devoted myself to turning a sneaky thread into a dead-horse-beating one. Or this one.