Would You Resign In this Position (It's still going on now)

giakhuong

Qe8#

 

GrandMasterNoob21

It's daily right from on of your games?

SNUDOO

lets assume it's black to move, and white's bishop in the first position cannot fly to a light square.

giakhuong

pssss

SNUDOO
GrandMasterNoob21 wrote:

It's daily right from on of your games?

in daily I resign as soon as I lose a piece.

 

GrandMasterNoob21
SNUDOO wrote:
GrandMasterNoob21 wrote:

It's daily right from on of your games?

in daily I resign as soon as I lose a piece.

 

Bruh. What. I played a game being a rook down and my opponent blundered his rook making me and him equal materialhttps://www.chess.com/blog/GrandMasterNoob21/never-give-up-classical-games-part-1

SNUDOO
GrandMasterNoob21 wrote:
SNUDOO wrote:
GrandMasterNoob21 wrote:

It's daily right from on of your games?

in daily I resign as soon as I lose a piece.

 

Bruh. What. I played a game being a rook down and my opponent blundered his rook making me and him equal materialhttps://www.chess.com/blog/GrandMasterNoob21/never-give-up-classical-games-part-1

Exceptions. It's highly unlikely that will happen the higher rated you are, and even less in daily unless you're like me who takes 3 second to move.

NickHanne
A big thank you to all fellow Chess players that responded to my first post. Because of you i have changed my mind and am so happier when playing people that annoyed me when not resigning. Whilst i still think they should (Played this today - After move 14 when i take his Rook so game over!!) But now i wish to play the best moves i can regardless which i now believe is my duty. Because of this i was fully engaged and for the first time ever (i think) i didn't even get an inaccuracy during the game.
Thank you Thank you. Thank you.

 

NickHanne
SNUDOO wrote:

In the above position, I would resign (as black), since the win is quite trivial.

I would NOT resign as black in the above position, because it's not so easy for white to avoid the draw.

Absolutely SNUDO and i've enjoyed reading your posts.

IxoTheDragon
I agree with your opponent.
NickHanne
IxoTheDragon wrote:
I agree with your opponent.

I now also understand his point of view more although after reading messages i still think a resignation is best and we can all get on with another game/life etc

Utkarsh84

I understand your point. I wud resign. But i cant suggest u how to deal with such people.. it depends on your mood

NickHanne
Utkarsh84 wrote:

I understand your point. I wud resign. But i cant suggest u how to deal with such people.. it depends on your mood

Hi friend. Appreciate your thoughts. I used to go with how i felt (my mood) but sometimes it's nice to have an opinion on such repeated issues, so it doesn't annoy me and i can just go with my decision. After reading many of these messages I now always play the best move and not get into ant waste of time, annoying mind games. Does it depend on your mood then and sometimes you don't mind?

harryw2004

Yes