Forums

being "reported" means what exactly?

Sort:
chhhillout

After a game I just won, I had this conversation with my oppenent in the chat window:

Him: ?

Me: what

Him: user reported. 

Then he left. Nothing terribly shocking happened in the game, so I'm confused by his response. My question is, what exactly does it mean to be "reported"? Is my account going to be monitored now? Is big brother watching my every move now? Does it mean nothing?

An Admin reponse would be helpful. Thanks.

MatchStickKing

Obviously peeved you beat him so subtly accusing you of cheating is my guess. Ignore and carry on.

chhhillout

This is what I figure. I'm more curious about the real ramifications of being reported, if any.

waffllemaster
chhhillout wrote:

This is what I figure. I'm more curious about the real ramifications of being reported, if any.

Reports that are paid attention to have to be specific.  Cheating, abuse, or something else against TOS.  So if you weren't cheating and not harassing him then nothing will happen.  Chess.com doesn't give specifics on how they investigate stuff for loophole reasons and what not.

But actually if this was your first time cheating or harassing, then probably still nothing happens heh.  As the first guy said it's mostly a sign that your opponent was upset, and that was his go to phrase before rage quit.

Dutchday

I hate it too when people say ''what'' to me. 

chhhillout

thanks, waffle-man