Forums

Chess.com will not close. Trojan ?

Sort:
Rowan

Time after time when closing Chess.com it starts up again. Multiple times. Annoying , but worrying , is it carrying a Trojan or have I been infected with a Trojan from the site?

Thanks for your time reading this and any replys.

TheGrobe

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

Rowan
TheGrobe wrote:

So true, so sad . . . .  Cry

Rowan
Steve212000 wrote:

Try dumping your cookies.

I'll try it now . . .

Smile

Rowan

. . . . and it is done.

Smile

kco

and is it better now ?

AndyClifton
Steve212000 wrote:

Try dumping your cookies.

Hm, that reminds me... (be back in a bit!)

x-4600006091
TheGrobe wrote:

Each to his own way I'll go mine
Best of luck in what you find
But for your own sake remember times
We used to know

Rowan

Yes, that seems to have solved the problem,thanks Steve.

Smile

philidorposition

Eventhough it seems to be solved, that was odd. It is very unlikely that you would catch a trojan from this site, but you might have got malwares some other way.

I would do a malware/virus scan if I were you. There are various free softwares to do this. Google "comodo security" and spybot, download/install them, update their databases and run full scans.

Rowan

Yes, I thought it was strange as well as all other sites I go to I have no problems; one click and I am away. Thanks.

Smile

Rowan

Hello again.

Today was even more strange, I couldn't click fast enough to close Chess.com

Since I started this thread my computer has been to the Doctor and been " fixed".

I know nothing, which is what Sargent Shultz said; and I agree.

Had a virus, Doc fixed, all things are cool, computer running really well, no complaints.

I do what I all ways do and open Chess.com from favorites and do what one does; play chess.

I know noting about computers.

Not usaul , Chess.com opened in a parrelal window and when it came to hit  "close " and leave; I couldn't.

As fast as I hit close, it started again.

To cut a long story short, I was faster in the end, and I closed the programme.

Closed CHESS. com

Okay, chess.com is not scamming me, but what is going on. I'm into internet security and i can't leave the chess site?

This is enough to start a conversation . . . .

. . . . your thoughts please?

Thanks, Rowan

kco

have you got any kind of anti-virus software for your computer ?

Rowan

It's a small world, kco me old team mate.

Yes , SUPERAntiSpyware,Malewarebytes,Spybot and ESET.

:)

Zaiger

Have you tried to log in with another browser?  Is your current browser the most up to date version of it?

trailerparkboys

Chess.com is a malicious website according to various anti-viruses(norton internet securtiy, avg, avast and avira.) Use with caution, do not talk personally and never give out your name as the chess.com admins record this information on databases and sell your information to the government. Beware!

Rowan

Thanks Zaiger, I'll give it a go.

furtiveking
trailerparkboys wrote:

Chess.com is a malicious website according to various anti-viruses(norton internet securtiy, avg, avast and avira.) Use with caution, do not talk personally and never give out your name as the chess.com admins record this information on databases and sell your information to the government. Beware!

Uhhhh, no, it's not malicious according to ANY reliable source. Don't spout stuff off that you don't know about.

adamplenty

Are you sure trailerparkboys wasn't being cynical?

@Rowan56:

Does this only happen on chess.com, or on other sites as well? Re-opening internet windows or being unable to close them is a tell-tale sign of an infection. It could be spyware, a virus, or another type of infection. I use Spywareblaster (which blocks spyware from being installed in the first place), Spybot, and AVG free to protect my computer. Clearing your cookies and cache wouldn't go amiss either.

philidorposition
Rowan56 wrote:

It's a small world, kco me old team mate.

Yes , SUPERAntiSpyware,Malewarebytes,Spybot and ESET.

I would personally be skeptical about any software that calls itself "super." Some "anti-malware" softwares are malwares themselves but you can trust spybot. I don't know how effective ESET is, though.