Conditional Moves

  • #1

    Is it possible to set a condition that NO MATTER WHAT MOVE my opponent makes, I will always play a certain move in response?

     

    I have a mate in 1 in my game, and I will play it no matter where he moves...

     

    Can you do this with the conditional move option?

  • #2

    You can always set a conditional move no matter what your opponent does. However, this could lead to problems if the conditional move doesn't address the move being made. When you get down to specific endgame positions, it is easier to make conditional moves if you have a good understanding of endgame positions. If you don't, a conditional move can work against you. On the flip-side, there are endgame positions where, because your opponent can only make a few specific moves, a conditional move can be made without harm to your position.

  • #3

    just add a new line for each move by clikcing the add new line button

    looking at your games though none of them are mate in 1 ?

    mind you my chess sucks lately, im always missing the obvious so what do i know...LOL

  • #4

    I find conditional moves unnerving sometimes, they give me a shock when I am in deep thinking mode - also it leaves me bemused to know I am that predictable lol

  • #5

    Neither of you explained how to set a conditional move no matter what my opponent does.

     

    I'd have to enter about 30 legal moves for him or something.. do I have to do this manually?

     

    Yes, I do have a mate in 1, he just sacced his rook pointlessly to delay it..

  • #6
  • #7
    KarlPilkington wrote:

    Neither of you explained how to set a conditional move no matter what my opponent does.

     

    I'd have to enter about 30 legal moves for him or something.. do I have to do this manually?

     

    Yes, I do have a mate in 1, he just sacced his rook pointlessly to delay it..

    removed moves as its ongoing, but game is not mate in 1

  • #8

    deleted comment as game is ongoing

  • #9

    I have a backrank mate no matter what he does...  are you looking at the right game?

  • #10

    Yes, there should be a ANY MOVE option, lets add it..

  • #11
    KarlPilkington wrote:

    I have a backrank mate no matter what he does...  are you looking at the right game?

    this one http://www.chess.com/echess/game.html?id=55593240

    so how will you back rank mate him if he Re1+ you then ? ;-)

  • #12

    Re1+ Kd5 Rd1+ Kc4 0-1

  • #13
    jbzdarkid wrote:

    Re1+ Kd5 Rd1+ Kc4 0-1

     

    either way you look at it, it is not MATE IN 1 LOL

  • #14

    its practically mate in 1, unless white wants to be an a-hole..

  • #15
    KarlPilkington wrote:

    its practically mate in 1, unless white wants to be an a-hole..

    removed as game is ongoing

    but its not mate in 1

  • #16
    artfizz wrote:

    I am more interested that there is a conditional post that forces a reply by artfizz

  • #17

    He can do spite checks but that is about it...

     

    I didn't think he would do that, i figured he would make some other move and then mate in 1.

     

    Spite checks are really unnecessary..

     

    I still think there should be a "this is my move no matter what" conditional option.

  • #18

    Don't forget this game is ongoing and moves shouldn't be discussed until it's finished.

  • #19
    KarlPilkington wrote:

    its practically mate in 1...

    Is this a Monty Python skit?

  • #20
    Grousey wrote:

    Don't forget this game is ongoing and moves shouldn't be discussed until it's finished.

    good point, i have removed my comments.

    peace

Top
or Join

Online Now