how do i castle when playing computer


how do i castle when playing computer? I guessed, hold "control", move castle to king, king to other side of castle, but this does not work. Please let me know. the computer is doing it almost every game, and i keep trying to do it unsuccessfully, and am getting in a bad spot every time. Thanks for any help. 


Drag the king to g1 or c1, and the rook will move over automatically.


castling is really a king move, so you have to move your king first. Move the king to g1 or c1. There cannot be other pieces between the king and rook or the castle is not allowed. Also the castle has to be the first move the king makes or else it won't work.

Good luck!


It dosent do it automaticly for me either i geuss i cant play chess online what bullshit =(


yes, this hasnt been working for me either...but my opponents have been using this against me frequently


One other special rule is called castling. This move allows you to do two important things all in one move: get your king to safety (hopefully), and get your rook out of the corner and into the game. On a player’s turn he may move his king two squares over to one side and then move the rook from that side’s corner to right next to the king on the opposite side. (See the example below.) In order to castle, however, it must meet the following conditions:

  • it must be that king’s very first move
  • it must be that rook’s very first move
  • there cannot be any pieces between the king and rook to move
  • the king may not be in check or pass through check


Use the arrow tabs to see how the castling works

Black castles queenside, white castles king side.

In your game, click the king with your mouse then drag the king two squares toward the rook.


i have been playing on line chess for over a month.  Dint know how to castle.  Hope it works.  Thanks all


it worked.. thanx to all