Forums

How does the Bullet Game clock always run faster for me?

Sort:
KSBK

Siegemaster,

Thanks for the info.

I'll try my best and let you know if I get to know any link.

Regards

KSBK.

ImLazy

HI sorry... i just posted a topic with the same point... and now i see you already posted it... 
Yep, it happened to mee too... with 3 different players and all today...

rijac

did anyone try writing to eric about this?

Craigie007

I would take this more seriously if if wasn't for the fact that having beaten you(ksbk) repeatedly you very rudely accused me of clock hacking. I did notice that your timer seemed to lose a lot of time whenever you had a decision to make? 

SSSBBB

Hi, Craigie007,

What do you mean by " I did notice that your timer seemed to lose a lot of time whenever you had a decision to make? " ?

Do you mean that I took so long to make my move or the clock lost a lot of time though I made my move quickly?

Was that you who replied me; "Any more lame excused..? " .?

If it was you you should have noticed how narrowly I missed winning - by "Loss on Time".

Regards

KSBK

DrSpudnik

It has to do something with relativity, mass and gravity...better ask Einstein.

KSBK

Hi DeSpudnik,

If you travel at the speed of the light the Time slows down; but here the time (clock ) speeded up !

That's what Einstein said / says !!!!  ;-))

Hope you are clear now !!

KSBK.

DrSpudnik

When I'm driving, I see the red taillights of the cars in front of me pulling away into the distance, but when I look in the rear view mirror, I see the white headlights getting closer & closer until they pass and all I see are red lights...is this the red shift, or am I just a poky driver? Undecided

Geoff218

Worthwhile to make a comment seeing as I played 9 games against you today. I gave up due to fatigue. Scoreline was 5-4 to me.

KSBK - Win by Checkmate 3

Me - Win by Checkmate 2

KSBK - Win on time 1

Me - Win on time 3 - However...

One of my wins on time I was up a Bishop in a King & Pawn endgame which should be enough to win so that doesn't really count as a win on time. In one of the other two I played a tactical check which forced you to respond to me and your clock ran out (material roughly level). In the other game I was down on material but just resisting and maybe you used up your time trying to think your way through...

Bottom line is that of course you will win and lose on time in bullet, thats kind of the point of playing Bullet! Maybe there is unequal lag and this could be a factor. BUT MOSTLY its in your mind, when people think time apparently speeds up (its a psychological effect). Time seems to go really fast in exams! Its because you become less aware of time as you are thinking. I thinking tactical checking which forces your opponents move is a very powerful weapon in Bullet.

KSBK

Hi Geoff218,

Thanks for the comment. I didn't think you did any cheating or Clock-hacking when I lost on time. But today I played 2 games with a person MM78 (Ireland) , please check those 2 games. the last game - I consider a weird one - because I captured the Bishop with Q, and after a moment there was a disconnection and his clock kept on running and he lost on time ( he has ).20 like time and it went very fast) when his time ran out my clock showed )0.58 Sec ( noted it because it happened to very frequently) then when his time ran out there was a delay and then the page reloaded and the what the game showed was that the last move I made was not executed ( Q was not captured the B - as the game is shown now)  and I lost on time. What puzzle / make me angry is after his clock ran out of time, the delay for the page to reload was not that long  ie 0.58 sec. But still it showed that I lost on time.

I hope you now understand what I meant by Clock-hacking / Cheating on clock - when Lag Time is very minimal - exellent Connection !

Have a look and say something. Anyway I enjoyed the games with you.

Regards

KSBK.

Geoff218

Hey, Thanks, enjoyed the games too. Yes I think clock hacking is certainly possible after reading some of the computer science stuff on here. However when you play someone who does that.. just don't play them again! Bullet games are quick so you can rack up plenty of stats. One game doesn't really matter. I think when you get down into tenths of a second its hard to know what is going on. I will have a quick look at those games.

Oraoradeki

got a similar problem, where opponent's time seems to go up the an increment, when there isn't supposed to be any. I'd say this is due to lag and internet problems, not Chesscom problems.

Geoff218

Ok, looked at your game. Most obvious comment is that the game is quite short at only 19 moves. I think the clock problem could be something to do with adverts in the end of game window. Maybe the clock ran out first but then the end of game window stalled the page (which then updated and appeared). Maybe there is a delay between the numbers on the clock and time itself? So the clock is running 0.5 of a second behind real time. I think the problem is only likely to cost you up a few seconds at worst in a whole 2/1 game (if there is some kind of computer speed explanation). 99% of people aren't cheating, so any clock problems are more likely to have a computer speed explanation. Using a chess program would be a far easier and more effective cheating method than trying to manipulate the clock? And that would push your rating up more than the level we are playing at? Cheating on the clock won't make much difference against a player who can 'see' several moves ahead. So best advice is play faster :) And don't play more than a couple of games if you think someone is up to something...

AndyClifton
DrSpudnik wrote:

When I'm driving, I see the red taillights of the cars in front of me pulling away into the distance, but when I look in the rear view mirror, I see the white headlights getting closer & closer until they pass and all I see are red lights...is this the red shift, or am I just a poky driver?

As Bill Hicks found out, objects like cops may be larger than they appear.

KSBK

Hi Oraoradeki,

If you make "Pre-moves" ( make a move before your opponent make his move - while he is tinking ) you will get time gain. By doing 2-3 Premoves you can get more than 2.00 min in your clock. I do it occasionally.

Regards

KSBK

KSBK

Hi Geoff218,

Thanks.

Regards

KSBK

Geoff218

Hey, I followed my own advice and played faster and guess what, it works! If you are only managing 19 moves in a 2/1 game before running out of time then something is wrong. You are not playing fast enough! 4 of my last 5 (2/1) games were 50 moves and I still had some time to spare. You need a good mouse/good reflexes and you have to play by intuition and sacrifice a pawn or two at times. Keep your eyes on the main pieces. I would switch on premoves and auto-promote to queen (you hardly ever want to underpromote anyway so I probably would keep that on even in Blitz). I only use premoves for things like pawn pushing and checkmating sequences. Basically moves that your opponent cannot disrupt and make no difference to victory. You should only use it in openings on moves that do not vary regardless of what your opponent plays. If you are only playing 19 moves in 2 minutes you are never going to see an endgame and therefore the game will always hinge on who runs out of time first. Clock manipulation can't stop checkmate! :) Always take a second Queen as well as this makes checkmate quicker and more reliable than with a single Queen as you will struggle to stalemate. Hope this helps.

KSBK

Thanks.

DrFrank124c

I think the cause of the problem is the premove. If one side uses the premove and the other doesn't than the side not using the premove will think there is something wrong with the clock.

KSBK

Hi, Frank124c,

No, I noticed this before I started doing the "Premove". Actually I started to use that when I kept on losing games on timeand improved after Premove. But this sort of problem come up on & off. I noticed when there is a disconnection then definitely this happens. I mentioned a player's article in this thread ( I think I did in this thread long ago - you can go through this earlier post) says that is one of the steps of clock hacking.  By using "Torrent download" also people can manupulate the clock, he mentioned. 

Regards

KSBK.