Membership Upgrade

Inkyfingers22
A couple weeks ago I signed up for a Gold membership. Now I realize I'd like a Platinum one. Will my Gold membership fee count as part of my payment for the Platinum membership, or will I have to pay full freight for the Platinum. It would mean I'd have to pay in total $68 for my Platinum membership. Doesn't seem fair.

When I tried I was sent to the apple app store to cancel my Gold membership so that I could then buy the Platinum,but the App Store said no refunds so I couldn’t. Any solutions?

Thanks,

Ken
notmtwain
Inkyfingers22 wrote:
A couple weeks ago I signed up for a Gold membership. Now I realize I'd like a Platinum one. Will my Gold membership fee count as part of my payment for the Platinum membership, or will I have to pay full freight for the Platinum. It would mean I'd have to pay in total $68 for my Platinum membership. Doesn't seem fair.

When I tried I was sent to the apple app store to cancel my Gold membership so that I could then buy the Platinum,but the App Store said no refunds so I couldn’t. Any solutions?

Thanks,

Ken

Write to support@chess.com. If you had bought the membership directly, upgrading and getting credit would be no problem.

Apple takes its cut, however, so its involvement makes things more complicated.

Inkyfingers22
Thank you for the reply. I did not know there was the option to buy direct. When I first pushed the button to buy the gold membership the Apple store was my only option. What button do i push to buy directly. I will write to support and see what they say. Ken
notmtwain
Inkyfingers22 wrote:
Thank you for the reply. I did not know there was the option to buy direct. When I first pushed the button to buy the gold membership the Apple store was my only option. What button do i push to buy directly. I will write to support and see what they say. Ken

On the chess.com website you buy directly.

Lord_Hammer

you get membership credit. for instance, if you have already payed the 25 bucks, then you upgrade to platinum, then 25 bucks gets removed from the platinum price 

lanaom

I have been trying to contact chess.com about this same issue, but, like most all corporate support, they blame covid 19 for their lousy support service. This is ridiculous, as any internet company ought to be fine with employers working from home to support customers. When the pandemic started i got loads of emails from corporations,  saying they were here to help. The exact opposite has occurred. 

notmtwain
lanaom wrote:

I have been trying to contact chess.com about this same issue, but, like most all corporate support, they blame covid 19 for their lousy support service. This is ridiculous, as any internet company ought to be fine with employers working from home to support customers. When the pandemic started i got loads of emails from corporations,  saying they were here to help. The exact opposite has occurred. 

Well, the original poster wanted to upgrade from gold to platinum and the platinum icon is by your name, so the problem must have been solved.

In only 30 minutes.

A new record!