Forums

"Connection Interrupted"

Sort:
asdkasdkasdk
[COMMENT DELETED]
kohai

Which browser and version are you using ?

Are you using a pc or laptop ?

asdkasdkasdk
[COMMENT DELETED]
erik

can you try using another browser like chrome and see if the problem persists? we need to know if it's IE9 related...

kohai

Yes sorry, we saw that and got it fixed as soon as we could.

Sorry :(

asdkasdkasdk
[COMMENT DELETED]
erik

Arthur:

IE9 is a problematic browser. It has two things wrong with it:

1. it's really new
2. it's from microsoft

I highly recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for Live Chess.  

asdkasdkasdk
[COMMENT DELETED]
intotheabyss2003

only happens when your winning and the other person moves, its obviously a cheat. 

deNigris
intotheabyss2003 wrote:

only happens when your winning and the other person moves, its obviously a cheat. 

deNigris

"connection interrupet... reconnecting"

Chess. com has tried since 2007 to solve this problem of cheating but without success. I believe that all player will leave chess.com unless the famous experts solve the problem.

ivandh
deNigris wrote:

"connection interrupet... reconnecting"

Chess. com has tried since 2007 to solve this problem of cheating but without success. I believe that all player will leave chess.com unless the famous experts solve the problem.

It's funny that

A) you assert knowledge about something that has been going on years before you joined

B) you assert that everyone will give up and leave when they have been dealing with it for years

C) you assert that it has nothing to do with technology being a complex and imperfect thing but is always due to the other guy cheating.

deNigris

Dear chess.com support,

This is not a reply but a statement of what I said.

Regarding A) this is something that I read in your forum, it is not my personal knowledge.

Regarding B) believe me. It is frustating to be confronted frequently with "connection interrupted" and all its consequences.

Regarding C) it is strange that the "connection interrupted..reconnecting" happens when the opponent is loosing with his consequent winning because my time is running off. Has all this to do with technology or it is genuine cheating.

Please give a clear answer on the points submitted.

Kind regards

Maurizio de Nigris

Edrosian

I seem to be losing more games to the conection interupted reconecting routine than all other outcomes combined. Makes me hurt inside to not be able to finish off a beautifully set up win. I never thought about cheating. How could that be done why would someone cheat at this level??

antioxidant

i have similar experiences just like you edrosian but it doesnt matter anymore to me if i lose by interrupted conection. theres nothing i can do i am not computer literate.

kohai

If any of you are using Internet Explorer 9, please go into your live chess settings page and disable "Seek Graph".  (Use List not Graph).

http://www.chess.com/home/livechess_settings.html

Microsoft have messed with IE9, and while they said the last version was out of beta, it appears it wasn't. So anyone who sees  'you need to upgrade to full IE9' message on their screen that comes from Microsoft or manually upgrades straight to IE9 has problems in live chess IF they use the Seek Graph.

I've had a look on Microsoft dev pages, and it appears whatever MS did, we're not the only ones its affecting Frown

sankalp007

i am using microsoft IE9 and its going well...........................Cool

kohai

It will, aslong as you don't use the seek graph :)

sankalp007

but i don't changed the setting......aunt.

asdkasdkasdk
[COMMENT DELETED]