Forums

Tactics Trainer Analysis board

Sort:
OldChessDog

I must be doing something wrong--but I can't get the pieces to move on the tactics trainer analysis board. It just shows the beginning position of the problem, and nothing I do allows me to change/explore the positions given.

OldChessDog

Perhaps I should have added that I have a Mac--if that makes a difference.

trlns

I have to move the pieces manually - after looking at the analysis shown beside the board. It's a bit primative.

OldChessDog

Ah, staff? Geez, you guys are quick enough to take my money every year. Does trins have the answer? Is the analysis board given just a tease? Guess I can pull out the physical board, but that seems a bit silly.

Bubatz

I always thought that for some mysterious reason it's supposed to be like that. Undecided

trlns

When I say I have to move the pieces manually, it's dragging them around on the analysis board that pops up rather than a physical board.

Ideally, the trainer would be more like the chess tempo site. The way you can move through variations there after the tactic is complete is much more comprehensive.

OldChessDog
[COMMENT DELETED]
OldChessDog

It works! I think I know what I did wrong. It appears to allow only the moves given. When I kept testing it before, I was just trying to move something--I was picking the wrong moves. This last time I stumbled on one of the moves given and it took. So there is nothing wrong with the analysis board, it was operator error. Like I said, I figured I must be doing something wrong.