Forums

Picking White or Black?

Sort:
Naniwazu

Is there any way of picking which side to play before a game starts? Thank you in advance...

/Naniwazu

ctbob

you can pick to choose black or white but the game will be unrated, when you are on game page, click on "rating options"

Naniwazu
ctbob wrote:

you can pick to choose black or white but the game will be unrated, when you are on game page, click on "rating options"

I was hoping one could do it in rated games.

Thank you Smile

AussieMatey

I've had 3 Blacks in a row in rated games, so I'm obviously due for White, so I click to find an opponent in Live Games and both times I received Black again. So I aborted the games. I didn't want to, because I want to play, and I'm happy with a fair mixture, but it's surely my turn for White - I don't want to be playing Black every single game, as most people wouldn't. Please offer a solution - if there is one.  

taheres

AussieRookie wrote:

I've had 3 Blacks in a row in rated games, so I'm obviously due for White, so I click to find an opponent in Live Games and both times I received Black again. So I aborted the games. I didn't want to, because I want to play, and I'm happy with a fair mixture, but it's surely my turn for White - I don't want to be playing Black every single game, as most people wouldn't. Please offer a solution - if there is one.  

AussieRookie wrote: I've had 3 Blacks in a row in rated games, so I'm obviously due for White, so I click to find an opponent in Live Games and both times I received Black again. So I aborted the games. I didn't want to, because I want to play, and I'm happy with a fair mixture, but it's surely my turn for White - I don't want to be playing Black every single game, as most people wouldn't. Please offer a solution - if there is one.  

X_PLAYER_J_X

From my understanding the way the system works is. You get the color that is related to the stronger player.

So for example if you are ranked 1800 and get matched with a person 2000. If the 2000 player was black in his last game. He will be playing white against you.

The reason you have 3 blacks in a row. Means Your opponents are much stronger than you and you are playing the color that is opposite to their last game.

Which boils down to 1 thing. If you are tired of having 3 blacks in a row get a higher ranking so you can be the stronger player.

If you can not get a higher ranking than maybe you should play lower level players a few times so you are the stonger rated player.

adumbrate

No the system works as you and your opponent gets most possible way of equaling the ammount games you have had with white or with black.

X_PLAYER_J_X
skotheim2 wrote:

No the system works as you and your opponent gets most possible way of equaling the ammount games you have had with white or with black.

?

X_PLAYER_J_X

I do not believe the system works like that.

However, I guess we will never know unless a Mod tells us.

I do have a quick question though Skotheim2 since you are a premium memeber. An have played over 2,049 blitz games.

It should show you how many times you have played with white and how many times you have played with black.

If the system was indeed trying to get them to balance your white and black ratio should be very close to even.

so something like 1024 whites and 1025 blacks or vice versa.

Is that what you have?