Forums

Head of the Charles River

Sort:
theseeker88

If you happen to be in Boston this weekend and you like rowing, check out the regatta. My daughter will be competing for Georgia State. If you're like me and not in Boston... well, they will have a live webcast!!

http://hocr.org/2011HOCR/live_webcast.asp

1pawndown

Good Luck to your Daughter. You are justified to be proud of her accomplishments.

electricpawn

Good luck Becky's daughter!

Writch

But I think that's Arthur Fedler's head,
not Charles River's.

Chuck's may not not have been memorialized.

BUT there is a river named after ... uh... him.

Right. "Head of the Charles River" 

nevermind. 

theseeker88

Oh my, Writch... you want to guide me through the afterlife?? Queue up the Grateful Dead...

mountainsong

Good luck to her...and won't it be cold?

theseeker88

Thanks! Janie, I think it's colder here than in Boston! Go figure. It was 39 this morning... what happened to fall??

mountainsong

After our summer...I'm ready for it!

theseeker88

My daughter's race starts in 5 minutes! I have the webcast up... hopefully we'll get to see her as she rows down the Charles River!!

theseeker88

The announcer has a very British accent... at least it sounds British to me... so proper!!

mountainsong

How exciting!

theseeker88

Row. Steady. State.

Row. Steady. State.

I got to see her crew as the boat went under Eliot Bridge... don't know the time yet...

theseeker88

This is the Eliot Bridge on the Charles River... I found this pic on the web...

mountainsong

Pretty...

theseeker88

Well... they finished 23 out of 33... the time was 21:38. It was 5 kilometer race. My daughter is the one with the headband on...

theseeker88

Here is their boat as they approached the Eliot Bridge...

theseeker88

I like this pic... my daughter is the third from the left... Row. Steady. State.

mountainsong

Great pics!

theseeker88

Thanks, Janie!

theseeker88

Another regatta this weekend... The Head of Hooch... in Chattanooga on the Tennessee River... My daughter's crew came in first in the Women's College and Club Novice 4+... their time was 19:12 for the 5K race... Congrats!! We watched from the bridge as they crossed finish line... Awesome!