Forums

Movie reviews

Sort:
trysts
Shahmata64 wrote:

great I allways found also: "Mutiny on the Bounty":

I liked both versions, as well! I even liked "The Bounty"(1984).

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

Most of these are newer movies (not your favs) but maybe you seen some?  And thanks for posting in my forum!

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#10 "Season of the Witch"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Thanks for these recommendations, winerkleiner! I've only seen "Repo Man"(1984), out of the entire list!

corrijean
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Most of these are newer movies (not your favs) but maybe you seen some?  And thanks for posting in my forum!

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Thanks for these recommendations, winerkleiner! I've only seen "Repo Man"(1984), out of the entire list!

Funny, that's the only one I've seen on that list, too.

Crazychessplaya
corrijean wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

#1 "Dinner For Schmucks" 

#2  "What a Girl Wants"

#3 "The Hangover"

#4 "The Town"

#5 "Repo Man"

#6 "The Social Network"

#7 "When in Rome"

#8 "Raising Genius"

#9 "Mars Needs Moms"

#11 "Life as We Know it"

#12 "Turkey Bowl"

#13 "Soul Surfer"

#14. "Hall Pass"

Funny, that's the only one I've seen on that list, too.

Same here.

trysts
LisaV wrote:
trysts wrote:
LisaV wrote:

Sharon, found the scene.  Maybe it can be interpreted other ways???

That's such a funny coincidence! I'm waiting for my friend to get off work, 'cause he's bringing over "The Bridge on the River Kwai" to watch! I babbled about it at work today So, I'm going to look at it with a different perspective, and see what I end up thinking about it

ha.  good timing.  let us know what you think!  enjoy!

After viewing it again, I agree that Alec thought exactly what you said he thought. I also believe he was delusional throughout the entire film. I forgot how well made the film was! David Lean was no doubt, one of the greatest diectors ever. And William Holden plays cynicism as good as anyone.Smile

Roma60

Seven Samuri, and Godfarther. 

trysts
Roma60 wrote:

Seven Samuri, and Godfarther. 

Both are excellent films, Roma60! Are you saying you liked them, or didn't like them?

winerkleiner

Has anyone seen "Molly" about a young lady who has autism her whole life, had a experimental surgery proformed, became a genius, and her immune system attacked and she went back to being autisic again.  Based on a true story.

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

Has anyone seen "Molly" about a young lady who has autism her whole life, had a experimental surgery proformed, became a genius, and her immune system attacked and she went back to being autisic again.  Based on a true story.

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?Laughing

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?

Yeah they (the surgeons) drilled a hole onto her head and did something to fix.  Her brother was against the idea but was talked into it, it had a happy/sad ending.

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Never heard of it. Hard to believe someone could become a genius, even momentarily, through surgery?

Yeah they (the surgeons) drilled a hole onto her head and did something to fix.  Her brother was against the idea but was talked into it, it had a happy/sad ending.

Ah yes! The old, "We'll just drill a hole in her head to cure her." I think they did that to JFK's sister? Really.

winerkleiner
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:
trysts wrote:
winerkleiner wrote:

Ah yes! The old, "We'll just drill a hole in her head to cure her." I think they did that to JFK's sister? Really.

The Kennedies have sure had their deal of misfortunes for sure.

oinquarki

Flowers for Algernon?

Rauss7777
Went to see the restoration of Lawrence of Arabia the way it was meant to in a movie house and the pacing and camera work was intoxicating. Not very realistic but a tour de force nevertheless. Lean was among the giants as directors go....
trysts
oinquarki wrote:

Flowers for Algernon?

Is that a movie? Did you like it, or not?

oinquarki

I think so. Just #148 reminded me of it.

winerkleiner

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

trysts
Rauss7777 wrote:
Went to see the restoration of Lawrence of Arabia the way it was meant to in a movie house and the pacing and camera work was intoxicating. Not very realistic but a tour de force nevertheless. Lean was among the giants as directors go....

Agreed!

trysts
winerkleiner wrote:

Trysts how do you feel about Ted Turner coloring some of the old movies he owns?

Is that why his marriage to Jane Fonda folded?

Laughing

No, I don't like anybody messing with the great cinematographer's works. Do you like it?

electricpawn

Stay in this thread where you're safe, SharonTongue outEmbarassedSmile

This forum topic has been locked