Forums

So ... Anyone else been to Vulcan ???

Sort:
cabadenwurt

In a earlier post in this thread I mentioned that I really enjoyed " The Trouble With Tribbles " episode from the first Star Trek series. On the new DVD set that I recently bought they included the " Trials And Tribble-ations " episode from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Those cute little Tribbles are back and some footage from the first series is spliced into the new episode, quite a nice show.  

Javan64

cabadenwurt

Thanks for posting the photo Javan64. As a matter of fact that sequence where Captain Kirk opens the overhead door and gets nearly covered by Tribbles one of the clips spliced into the new episode from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Both of these episodes are a lot of fun  lol.

cabadenwurt

Just had a chance to watch another episode that is on the new set of DVDs that I mentioned recently. " Year Of Hell " is included from Star Trek: Voyager ( parts 1 and 2 of that episode ). Quite a good episode from that series.

cabadenwurt

It seems that the DVD set that I've mentioned earlier is also able to answer a very important question regarding UFO's. From the " StarTrek: Deep Nine " a episode entitled: " Little Green Men " is included. A Shuttle-craft with several Ferengie on board is trapped in a Time-warp and goes back to late 1940's Earth where they are taken to secret US base up in the desert ( Nevada ? ). They escape again later but of course while they are being examined they are regarded as the scary " Little Green Men ", quite a cute episode.   

jtt96

That reminds me of another episode where the Enterprise travels back in time and a fighter jet attempts to shoot them down, but is hopelesly outclassed by a Galaxy class starship from several-hundred years in the future. :)

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the post Jtt96. The episode that you mentioned is entitled " Tommorow Is Yesterday " and I have it playing on in my DVD machine right now, a very good episode to be sure. 

jtt96

:) Thanks for the name. I usually forget episode titles.

btw, I just realized that this is probably the longest thread (other than hurt/heals) that manage to stay on topic!

cabadenwurt

Yes this has been a nice quiet thread so far, mainly visted by fellow Star Trek fans I would imagine. Mind you it doesn't take much to get things going downhill. One of my other threads suddenly got messed up for no reason, one never knows.

In a earlier post I had mentioned the 4 disc set entitled: Star Trek Time Travel Fan Collective. I found this to be a very good set with episodes from all of the different Star Trek series and it includes the " Tomorrow Is Yesterday " episode as well.  

jtt96

I haven't watched a massive number of episodes, but of the ones I have watched I actually tend to not prefer the time-travel episodes. Probably I've destroyed my imagination by spending too much time trying to figure out 'holes' in time travel movies (not just Star Trek) and not enough time just sitting back and enjoying the show. :) They're all great though.

cabadenwurt

True that is a problem with those types of shows, people have to believe the future-tech that is being shown. I've just been watching a film based on Star Trek The Next Generation called " First Contact ". The film is quite good, it deals with another run-in with the Borg.    

ivandh

I don't really like the time travel ones either. They've got three dimensions, why do they need another one?

The one with the 30's Chicago gangsters was good, but it wasn't strictly time travel. Aside from the normal forward progression of course.

Javan64

My favorite card game has GOT to be "Triple Fizzbin!" -- make up your rules as you go along!  How cool is that?

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the recent posts. I liked the episode about the Gangsters as well. It was like Star Trek had invaded a episode of The Untouchables, quite a cute episode. Somehow the card game Triple Fizzbin has escaped my memory tho, which brings up a totaly seperate question. When things escape from my memory where do they go ? ( they do often come back later tho  lol ).

jtt96
cabadenwurt wrote:

Thanks for the recent posts. I liked the episode about the Gangsters as well. It was like Star Trek had invaded a episode of The Untouchables, quite a cute episode. Somehow the card game Triple Fizzbin has escaped my memory tho, which brings up a totaly seperate question. When things escape from my memory where do they go ? ( they do often come back later tho  lol ).

Maybe it's like deleting something on a computer. The information is still there (until it's overwritten) but the 1s and 0s telling the computer that it exist is erased.

Javan64

At the risk of being ostracized on this thread, I remember a show I liked even more, that was on during the same years as the original (and much later), Mission:Impossible!  Interestingly, Leonard Nimoy played Paris on MI for more years than he played Spock!

jtt96

Never watched any Mission:Immpossible, so I can't say which I like more.

Javan64

You never watched M:I???  That's un-American!!! Surprised  j/k  They're always being shown on some re-run channel or other.

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it..."

cabadenwurt

Thanks for the new posts. Javan64 I'm not sure if it was even possible to like a show anymore than Star Trek  lol.

Jtt96 if my mind is like a computer then there is a little gear in there squeaking and wobbling a bit. Mind you most of the time things are working okay.  

jtt96
Javan64 wrote:

You never watched M:I???  That's un-American!!!   j/k  They're always being shown on some re-run channel or other.

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it..."

:)