Forums

Chess TV now limited to Diamond members.

Sort:
WokeryWizard

Great. Can someone please tell me what I paid £31 for now? I don't even need the database as I have Fritz and a huge opening book so now it's just tactics trainer which isn't worth the amount I paid. I guess I'm just one member, maybe you'll find others willing to fork out double just for Chess TV which is quite badly organised as it is (although the coverage when it actually starts is generally good) but I certainly won't be renewing my membership.

zirtoc

Are you sure that's right?  They haven't changed the membership page to reflect that.

http://www.chess.com/membership.html?c=navbar

If this is true, I will be bummed also, as I enjoy being a platinum member and watching the occasional TV broadcast when I have time.

WokeryWizard

I went on yesterday and for about an hour it stated that it was now limited to Diamond members. Either I was hallucinating or it was just a site error. I suspect it was the latter.

Forgive me for my hissy fit Wink

NimzoRoy

Diamond members get to watch unlimited videos, my only problem is coming up with the time to watch them. I've seen several so far and they were all quite good IMHO but this may not be much consolation if your main interest is Chess TV.

zirtoc

I just went over to the page and I could get on it.  I think your page was just glitched or something.

WokeryWizard

Yeah it obviously was an error but I mentioned the technical bugs that constantly plague the coverage and as we speak the Kramnik-Aronian broadcast is down due to technical fault. I love whining.

NimzoRoy
FormulusForqual_441 wrote:

Yeah it obviously was an error but I mentioned the technical bugs that constantly plague the coverage and as we speak the Kramnik-Aronian broadcast is down due to technical fault. I love whining. 

I've noticed that the TV coverage here is mediocre but my PC is dated and only has 1.5 GB RAM, so I doubt if the mediocre audio/video quality is all chess.com's fault BUT I've read other members stating that it is.