x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

How can I get past 1000!!!???

Beat 1000+ rated player >50% of games. Simple math!!

bala236 wrote:

play more games,solve more tactics

Yes, yoou are right. But do you know that if tactics and how to play chess  were the only things we know in chess, can we improve if we just solve tactics everyday? Does it help to positional and strategical thinking? Decision-making? 

We must also solve puzzles to improve our calculation (which I am agreeing with him)

Yes, chess is 99 percent tactics, though without positional and strategical understanding (and also intuition) , we will hardly win in technical positions that our side is winning and hold positions that are hard to hold without positional and strategical understanding. And also, pattern recognition is important, so reading chess books are so important.

happy.pnghappy.png

Two things you have to cram from books. 

1st opening. 2nd endings.

I hang on one opening since I am not expert of all. 

Endings are the place where you will get advantage on other to cross an average 1000.

robertjames_perez wrote:
    bala236 wrote:

play more games,solve more tactics

Yes, yoou are right. But do you know that if tactics and how to play chess  were the only things we know in chess, can we improve if we just solve tactics everyday? Does it help to positional and strategical thinking? Decision-making? 

We must also solve puzzles to improve our calculation (which I am agreeing with him)

Yes, chess is 99 percent tactics, though without positional and strategical understanding (and also intuition) , we will hardly win in technical positions that our side is winning and hold positions that are hard to hold without positional and strategical understanding. And also, pattern recognition is important, so reading chess books are so important.

thumbup.png

Online Now