How can I get past 1000!!!???

robertjames_perez
bala236 wrote:

play more games,solve more tactics

Yes, yoou are right. But do you know that if tactics and how to play chess  were the only things we know in chess, can we improve if we just solve tactics everyday? Does it help to positional and strategical thinking? Decision-making? 

We must also solve puzzles to improve our calculation (which I am agreeing with him)

Yes, chess is 99 percent tactics, though without positional and strategical understanding (and also intuition) , we will hardly win in technical positions that our side is winning and hold positions that are hard to hold without positional and strategical understanding. And also, pattern recognition is important, so reading chess books are so important.

bahubali371

happy.pnghappy.png

itzanil

Two things you have to cram from books. 

1st opening. 2nd endings.

I hang on one opening since I am not expert of all. 

Endings are the place where you will get advantage on other to cross an average 1000.

bala236
robertjames_perez wrote:
bala236 wrote:

play more games,solve more tactics

Yes, yoou are right. But do you know that if tactics and how to play chess  were the only things we know in chess, can we improve if we just solve tactics everyday? Does it help to positional and strategical thinking? Decision-making? 

We must also solve puzzles to improve our calculation (which I am agreeing with him)

Yes, chess is 99 percent tactics, though without positional and strategical understanding (and also intuition) , we will hardly win in technical positions that our side is winning and hold positions that are hard to hold without positional and strategical understanding. And also, pattern recognition is important, so reading chess books are so important.

thumbup.png

CruiseShip
Hello, I want to get past 2000 in blitz
VikrantPlaysD4

The only way to improve for sure is to learn all the different aspects of chess, eg. tactics, strategy, endings etc 

MagnutsCarleson

Hello, I want to get past 2000 in blitz lol. Not really 1,000, but I wll give some advise, DO TACTICS!

Willdaniell123 wrote:
Hi, I’m stuck at around 900 points, occasionally peaking at over 1000 points but my goal is to achieve somewhere closer to 1200. Feel free to look through my games and post advice below! Thanks
1400136896 says Guys, don't waste ur time. He's inactive!
testaaaaa

the tactic trainer on chess com is decent and i like that you get one free lesson a day 

do your 5 tactics a day and the lesson then play some games you will rise and have funhappy.png

MagnutsCarleson
1400136896 wrote:
Willdaniell123 wrote:
Hi, I’m stuck at around 900 points, occasionally peaking at over 1000 points but my goal is to achieve somewhere closer to 1200. Feel free to look through my games and post advice below! Thanks
1400136896 says Guys, don't waste ur time. He's inactive!

yah, lol

dpcarballo

Just hire a good coach!

vhin-1983

castle immediately, let your rook connect each other. do tactics. study your opening. create pawn chains. analyze your game on your own or analyze your game with the help of an engine. play more games. there are free chess videos (watch videos that are important to you). study basic checkmates (example is King and rook against a King, King and Queen against a King etc.), study endgames,..

BoboTheFlyingSheep67

Here are a few suggestions,

1) Try not to hang your pieces
I have been looking at your most recent games and have identified a trend. Every game, you hang a piece. My recommendation would be to, just before you play your move, to do a quick assessment of whether your opponent can capture your pieces. Doing such a simple action can improve your play tremendously.
2) Improve your opening
In your games, you usually play a solid, well-known opening for the first few moves and then play your own moves. There is nothing wrong with this, however, you should try to understand the logic behind the "non-book" moves that you are playing. As well, try to identify your opponent's plan and counter it. In your most recent games, you lost your queen on move 7 and shortly after that lost your rook to a knight-fork. Here are some opening principles to follow: 1. Control the centre 2. Developer your pieces 3. Try to prevent opponents for executing their plan (gaining space, developing pieces, gaining material etc.) By thoroughly studying the next few moves of the opening and the oppening principles, you may not lose as easily.
3) Identify common tactics 
These tactics include pins, skewers, forks (etc.) If you understand these tactical concepts more clearly, you won't lose as many pieces and will be able to execute these threats on your similarly rated opponents. Since your opponents will be ~850, they might overlook these threats.
4) Take more time
Yes, I know, it's a blitz game. But taking just a bit more time to think whether your move is good and improve your play drastically. Try to think out the pros and cons of your moves and always ask yourself if those moves are good moves. Try putting yourself in your opponent's shoes, and figure what you would do. Questioning every move and trying to find possible counters can really improve your rating. If you are worried about your remaining time, don't be. At the end of most of your games, you seem to have around 2 minutes left. This is a lot of time, considering it is a blitz game.
5) Do not let your sister onto your chess.com account

🙂

Anyway, I am not much of a player myself, but if you study these tricks, you can improve your rating to roughly 1000. Sorry if this post is a bit rambling. If you would like, I could provide an analysis of a game of your choice. If you would like one, please respond back to this post. I hope that these tips can help you improve!

BigDaddyBuddha

Holy necro! The OP is probably not still around, but this is an interesting problem for many beginners, of which I am one. I have never liked blitz chess, maybe because I think too slowcry.png  (watching penguinGM when he streams is a real wake up call). For me, blitz does not allow me to think about my moves, and how can I learn like that?

If your time is limited, consider playing daily (correspondence) games. I play about 6 simultaneous daily games most of the time, with a 1 day limit on moves. Benefits: most of my opponents have a 50-150 point better rating, on average I can get in about 5-10 considered moves per day, An opening book is allowed, such as the chess.com Explorer, and the simple analysis board is allowed. The analysis board allows you to make projected moves, both sides, to see consequences. It has been a BIG help to me, I make 300% fewer mistakes now.

In combination with following many of the suggestions above, and settling on a white opening(London) and 2  defenses(King's Indian and Sicilian), I feel like I'm making progress  and my rating seems to confirm. Works for me.

BoboTheFlyingSheep67

Guys, this guy hasn't been on since March this year. It is already July. 

BigDaddyBuddha

Addressed in my first and second sentences.

Enderboy1010

You need a teacher.