Forums

Advance Setting for Live Games

Sort:
Innominata

I would like to see a setting to play games against older accounts instead of accounts created recently. I find that accounts newly created are where you find players that are the "word that shall not be said/spoken/written about" and I just don't want to play against new players.

If this setting already exist, please let me know where I can find it.

Thanks.

CapsChess

There are multiple problems.
1. This will not completely remove the cheaters from playing against you, as some players with accounts that are like 3 years old just wake up one day thinking of cheating
2. Everybody has a different point of view when it comes to what "new" means. I think that most accounts that are at least 3 months old are legit, but it varies from one person to another.
3. Legit players who just joined the website will have a harder time finding opponents, and will rather move to websites like Lichess, where matchmaking is still going to be instant.
In the end, there's not enough demand for this.

tygxc

If everybody reasoned your way, then you would not have gotten any game when you started.

Innominata

@tygxc

Not true at all, new players games will be against new players; similarly make you play at least 5 daily games before you can join a tournament. So games will still happen, it will not stop anyone from actually getting games.

You're making it sound like all players on here will use the feature, most won't care but for those that do, they'll have the option. If all active players decide to use it, then that should show you it's a good feature. And eventually people will no longer be filtered after a set time; for example I want to weed out accounts made in the last 30 days, after 30 days those players will no longer filtered from my search when I oprn a new game. This will allow me to chose to a degree my opponents instead of forcing me to abort multiple games when I see it's a new account. Recently I had to abort 3-4 games in a row because of this

Innominata
CapsChess wrote:

There are multiple problems.
1. This will not completely remove the cheaters from playing against you, as some players with accounts that are like 3 years old just wake up one day thinking of cheating
2. Everybody has a different point of view when it comes to what "new" means. I think that most accounts that are at least 3 months old are legit, but it varies from one person to another.
3. Legit players who just joined the website will have a harder time finding opponents, and will rather move to websites like Lichess, where matchmaking is still going to be instant.
In the end, there's not enough demand for this.

This is not a discussion about "that" so please stop saying "that".

This is about being able to choose whom you play against. If they allow you to choose a rating range of +/- 200 from your current rating, it's basically the same thing, you can set accounts created no less than 3 months prior for example, etc.

Innominata

First game I play in about 2 years. This is the guy I got messed up with. As you can see the account has been bad. When we played the account was about 2 weeks old. After our game he played another 3 weeks or so before getting caught. This is why I don't play much.

*They never refunded me my points back. Enjoy the game.

Just allow me the option to play accounts that are older than 2 weeks. Give me and everyone else the ability to filter opponents that have accounts older than what we would like. Much like the option to play people closer to our rating range.

For those that think that this will keep new accounts from having games you are wrong and don't know what you're talking about. New accounts will play new accounts and accounts that are older than what is set by players like myself will then be available for games so you'll just have to wait maybe a month before they can play me and somebody else that has the same settings. Those new accounts won't be able to play other players that are out of their waiting range so they are limited in any case. Hi and anybody else that want this should be allowed to have it. Those that don't care won't use the feature. Thank you.