Forums

Average time per move

Sort:
DanielJohansen

Average time per move (at least the value that is required for tournaments with restrictions) should be based on last XX days. As I joined chess.com some 4 years ago and became inactive until recently, its near impossible to get my time/move low any time soon.

rooperi

yeah, that is a very hard stat to change once you've played a lot of games.

MJXII

There's only one thing to do: play lots and lots and lots of games :D

DanielJohansen

:))

bart225

Iam in that situation , after  being a paying member for 5 yrs I had to take a break . Now my time out ratio makes it not possible to enter  any tournaments , so  I canceled my membership . Even after I told chess.com  that  I had  a very good reason and couldn't play for a while they  can or will not make changes . Thanks for this tournament  , good luck everybody .

Zen
bart225 wrote:

Iam in that situation , after  being a paying member for 5 yrs I had to take a break . Now my time out ratio makes it not possible to enter  any tournaments , so  I canceled my membership . Even after I told chess.com  that  I had  a very good reason and couldn't play for a while they  can or will not make changes . Thanks for this tournament  , good luck everybody .

Your timeout ratio is based on the last 90 days though, so that will fix itself relatively quickly.

Johannes_Climacus
DanielJohansen wrote:

Average time per move (at least the value that is required for tournaments with restrictions) should be based on last XX days. As I joined chess.com some 4 years ago and became inactive until recently, its near impossible to get my time/move low any time soon.

Your average time per move is low because you literally take 14 days to move every time just to annoy everyone else. Why else do you think your page is full of people complaining about how long you take?

Crick3t
Zen wrote:

Your timeout ratio is based on the last 90 days though, so that will fix itself relatively quickly.

Nope. See below.

"Peter,

Thanks for writing in. The average time per move is calculated overall. So it may take some time to get your time per move to change. I'm sorry for any inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Jaclyn
Chess.com Member Support"

rooperi
Crick3t wrote:
Zen wrote:

Nope. See below.

"Peter,

Thanks for writing in. The average time per move is calculated overall. So it may take some time to get your time per move to change. I'm sorry for any inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Jaclyn
Chess.com Member Support"

Time per move and time-out ratio are not the same thing

Time-out ratio does reset after 90 days

Crick3t

Sorry, the topic was about time per move originally.

I missread your comment.