Forums

Tagging Games

Sort:
RealSelf

Do you think it would be a good idea to be able to tag the games that you have played for easy reference? Maybe different coloured tags for different things eg rook endgames, Queen sacs etc. This could maybe help with training where you want to show someone a good example of a bishop v rook endgame where one is superior over the other etc. You could easily reference one of your own games instead of trawling through hundereds of games to find the examples that you need. I know you could find examples of master games for this purpose but I think it would be a nice touch to be able to give an example of one of your own games. Also you could tag your greatest victories etc. Maybe a point of reference to look back and see how much you have improved. What do you think?

SchofieldKid

If i were you i would download chess base lite for free. there you can save your pgns in different files categories etc.  

RealSelf

Yeah maybe, I just thought it would be a good site feature

chrka

I also think that this would be great feature! Other possible uses for tags are grouping games into different openings, tournaments etc.

PeterSodhi

Does this feature exist yet? It is an excellent idea.

jdcannon

Not yet, but its part of a project we are working on. 

PeterSodhi

Thank you

Geordie1974

I'd love custom tags. I'd like to be able to find games quickly in this way without having to rely upon separate software. Maybe chess.com could also suggest tags at the end of a game according to themes it sees within the games, seeing as it has the ability to see themes already. That would be a powerful learning tool. I too often lose track of 'learnable moments'.

NateInOne

I would like to see this feature as well.