what is the most important piece in chess?


  • 3 years ago · Quote · #1

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    It can be your opinion or an overall statement

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #2

    YelenaRose

    The king, if you lose it your lost, you can play on whitout a bishop etc.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #3

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    Hmm I agree, but my personal favourite is the knight because it can fork many pieces at a time

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #4

    YelenaRose

    Wilhelm Steinitz once said: king is a fighting piece, use it!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #5

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    Yes! Great comment!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #6

    QueenTakesKnightOOPS

    The piece that delivers Mate!!!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #7

    Rsava

    QueenTakesKnightOOPS wrote:

    The piece that delivers Mate!!!

    +1

    in one game it could the lowly Pawn, another a Knight delivering a smothered mate.

    And Yelena - you don't lose your King, the game is over before it gets taken off the board.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #8

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    the piece that delivers mate? any piece could deliver mate!  Frown

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #9

    InfiniteFlash

    The pawn.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #10

    Lucidish_Lux

    The pawn is the soul of chess. -Philidor

    it's the only pieces whose every movement permanently changes the game.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #11

    Rsava

    shadic5 wrote:

    the piece that delivers mate? any piece could deliver mate! 

    Tha's the point. The most important piece changes from game to game, from position to position.

    If you say Rook and I deliver mate with my Pawn while your Rook is pinned by my Bishop, how important is your Rook?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #12

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    Lots of people said the pawn..... what about the knight?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #13

    KantTouchThis

    well, the knight on the rim is dim-witted

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #14

    ptd570

    numerically the lady rules the board, her man is strong but like lions in the wild he's lazy and she does all the work. Intuitively I vote for the Knight, only player that can jump in and out of danger while manuevering very crafty like a ninja in the night. I think with deep serious computer analaysis we will discover a Knight in a the middle of the board in the middle of the game is the most dangerous but everybody frawns on him. Until he puts them to sleep

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #15

    MelvinDoucet

    Well, the king obviously. If you ask me what's my favorite piece though, it's the bishop.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #16

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    ptd570 wrote:

    numerically the lady rules the board, her man is strong but like lions in the wild he's lazy and she does all the work. Intuitively I vote for the Knight, only player that can jump in and out of danger while manuevering very crafty like a ninja in the night. I think with deep serious computer analaysis we will discover a Knight in a the middle of the board in the middle of the game is the most dangerous but everybody frawns on him. Until he puts them to sleep

    About the knight part......I agree with you

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #17

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    Thats exactly what I mean

    Rsava wrote:

    shadic5 wrote:

    the piece that delivers mate? any piece could deliver mate! 

    Tha's the point. The most important piece changes from game to game, from position to position.

    If you say Rook and I deliver mate with my Pawn while your Rook is pinned by my Bishop, how important is your Rook?

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #18

    Fancy_Pants_Orange

    200 plus views already?! Wow thanks guys!

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #19

    waffllemaster

    The potato.

  • 3 years ago · Quote · #20

    waffllemaster

    Umm. 

    The waffle then.


Back to Top

Post your reply: