Forums

Who is your least favorite chess player of all time, and why?

Sort:
flooperpaaf

Border:

I wasn't serious, ofc people should be allowed to write programs. But it's still my opinion that computer chess makes the game little less beautiful. (At least at grandmaster level)

fianchetto123

IM pfren

nameno1had

Anyone who cheats....

why ? ? ? ? .......hmmmmm

Conflagration_Planet

Interesting.

VanillaKnightPOC

There's this chap called 'VanillaKnightPOC', oh how I loathe him.

Why?

He's rubbish.

He's boring.

He draws too much.

He plays 1. e4

fianchetto123

He writes posts in threads about himself

VanillaKnightPOC

He thinks he's funny.

He never produces anything of value.

And yes most of his posts are about himself, well spotted.

InfernalBishop

My favorite player is Paul Keres, because it is a universal player, with a preference for attacking play.
Deserved to be world champion at least once, but I think for political reasons could not be.
His books are very good, especially that of his best games.

InfernalBishop

Yes,you are right. My English is very bad, I didn't take care of the word "least" Smile.

eddysallin

i read through the replies and few seem to get "least favorite" of all time....Mine is Spassidy (hope spelling is correct),his positional game was tedious at best and for me hard to follow. Good G.M ,a little too drawish for me.

gaereagdag

Maroczy because he taught Vera Menchik.

kazmodan

Well, anyone who knows me knows that...I don't like Bobby Fischer.  Go ahead and flame me, I am prepared (flame shield activated). Smile

Reason #1: Complete and utter lack of sportsmanship.  Treated chess like poker.  The real reason why Fischer got so high in the world rankings was because of his gamesmanship.  The reason why he won the world championship was because of his gamesmanship and Spassky's sportsmanship.  Truly, Fischer is a world champion that should not be remembered.

Reason #2: He chickened out of defending/reclaiming the world championship.  He knew Karpov wouldn't have put up with his psychological garbage attitude and Fischer would then have been forced to quit the match.

gaereagdag

Sorry it was "least". In that case I would say Zuckertort because he should have stuck to swordfighting.

AndyClifton
kazmodan wrote:

Well, anyone who knows me knows that...I don't like Bobby Fischer.  Go ahead and flame me, I am prepared (flame shield activated). 

AndyClifton
eddysallin wrote:

i read through the replies and few seem to get "least favorite" of all time....Mine is Spassidy (hope spelling is correct),his positional game was tedious at best and for me hard to follow. Good G.M ,a little too drawish for me.

Jeez, I hope you're not talking about Spassky.  One of the alltime greats (in both results and game quality/interest).

blueemu
eddysallin wrote:

Songkortois

you should not have a least favorite player, theres something good you can learn from every master

but to say i dont like topalov due to the toiletgate charge, an unacceptable campaign..

trysts

My least favorite chess players? I don't have to fish about, I'll make this short:

moonnie

Emil Diemer because he was a very annoying person 

royalbishop

My favorite chess player of all time.....

The opponent i just beat, lol.

Which can be replaced with a opponent i beat back to back!

:

Seriously a tie, Tal and Bobby Fischer!