Forums

Can't Find Something in the New Design? Ask Here!

Sort:
knightspawn5
[COMMENT DELETED]
knightspawn5
Sooner wrote:

knightspawn5. I think you are right--some of both. However, chess.com might not need more staff if the staff members who are responsible for the precipitous implementation of this half-baked mess had used more prudence and less impulsiveness with respect to it and had had more care and respect for their customers. Also, you only state the obvious when you observe that no one of us can get more staff for chess.com to clean up this morass of confusion they have created or that no one of us can do it ourselves. I'm certainly not under the impression that we can do that. But that doesn't mean we have to like the chaos into which they have thrown us or can't say what we think about it.

Okay, I will tell all the staff to go stand in the corner for not making it perfect to what we think it should have looked and worked like.  You must think I like it then.  I was one of the first to message Erik and give him a tongue lashing about this.  Still am.  But the simple fact is, things change, customer or not. Or do you run into every store because they changed thing and complain about it.  I don't think so.  We were all told this was gonna change, the asked us to go check it out and let them know what we thought.  Most did.  At Least I know I did.  I didn't like it at all and still don't cause it not like the old format which I told the was more user friendly than this monstrosity.  

Guess what, I was told that this was the change and they need to work on it and were not going back to the old.  They ask for the time to make the changes.  They even said they knew it wasn't perfect.  I agreed , it not.  But it has changed. Were stuck with it and if we all cant like the product as customers, we are free to find another that suits us better.  It's that simple, we still have the 3 choices.  They told us it was coming, they gave us a look if we wanted it, and then they changed it.  What more could they have done?  There nothing perfect in this world.  Lord know's this isn't.  But it is what we got.  it needs changes.  It's not gonna happen in a few weeks. But they are working on it.  

Sooner

You obviously missed the point. However, you really should learn not to put words into other people's mouths. I said nothing about perfection, for example. Further, you should try to understand that giving one's opinion about something is not tantamount to complaining. They are not synonymous. Also, regardless of what your opinion is, we all have just as much right to express ours as you do yours without your getting overly excited about it. I gave no indication that I childishly expect the chess.com staff to immediately jump right up and act upon my opinions or implement my wishes. Finally, I think, benighted as you may think we are, we all can figure out what our choices are without benefit of being enlightened by your revelation of them. There's nothing complicated about them or your three-point analysis. You would do yourself a favor, I think, if you would learn to read more carefully and thoughtfully.

knightspawn5
[COMMENT DELETED]
knightspawn5

I never did say you said anything about perfection, I said it.  Shame you can't tell the difference.   Nor did I say you were complaining, I did tell gambitman that he could complain louder if he wanted.  The conversaion between he and I had no bearing on you at all.  Now you seem to be doing the same you accuse me of.  Putting words into people mouths.  Nor did I say you couldn't give your opinion.  Like you, I gave mine.  You, I think, miss the point, everyone's opinions, mine, yours, or anyone else's will not change anything here.  They will get to it when they get to it.  The 3 choice are still in effect, and, always will be. Obviously.   Feel free to express  yourself with your opinions.  I did.  I never said that expressing an opinion, or, complaining was synonymous with each other.  You said that.  To borrow your words,  You really should learn not to put words into other people's mouths.   You would do yourself a favor, I think, if you would learn to read more carefully and thoughtfully.  

richardep

As they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it - now I haven't read this entire topic, so sorry if repeating,  but where is the search members? In fact where is members, country list etc. And why is the graph with game seeks now miniscule? I do prefer the board in the centre though.

knightspawn5
richardep wrote:

As they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it - now I haven't read this entire topic, so sorry if repeating,  but where is the search members? In fact where is members, country list etc. And why is the graph with game seeks now miniscule? I do prefer the board in the centre though.

Members are at the top of your home page under the topic Share, along with the interactive map. Just Click on members.  Click on view map and it will enlarge.  Game seeks, you click on you home button, on the next page you will see open seeks to you right.  Click on that and the page will come up and its bigger...... 

richardep

Right knightspawn, found it, thanks Smile

Sooner

knightspawn5. Suit yourself. However, regarding "perfection" and "complain," you should familiarize yourself with the word "implication." It seems you use the rhetorical device without knowing it or even knowing what it is. In any case, I'm not going to waste any more of my time with your bickering about this matter. Good luck with the improvement of your rhetorical and reading skills.

knightspawn5

Same to you.  I wish you the same improvement my friend...

WiJi

on the top when you click Forums once you get a rolout of different options like unread topics etc. But there is no option to go to the forum in general and see what the ub fora are.Only if you type in the url chess.com/forum you get the overview . a(nother) lack of the new design i geuss

joseph_ward
WiJi wrote:

on the top when you click Forums once you get a rolout of different options like unread topics etc. But there is no option to go to the forum in general and see what the ub fora are.Only if you type in the url chess.com/forum you get the overview . a(nother) lack of the new design i geuss

If you click on "Forums" itself (ignoring the drop-down options), it will take you to the list of all chess.com forums.  I think that is what you are looking for.

WiJi

sorry Joseph but that doesnt work (using Chrome on android)

knightspawn5
WiJi wrote:

I clicked on the link and saw what you were talking about, I went up and clicked on forums and got the same page.  Not sure what you mean. A drop box come down when you put your cursor on it.  Put your cursor on forums and click that and the page comes up. 

_IronButterfly_

Hi there,

Was wondering if we are still able to copy and paste You tube videos and place in our profile. I have tried several times, and the video appears as if all is okay, but when I "save changes" and check, it isn't there.  Any hints?

Thanks!

knightspawn5
_IronButterfly_ wrote:

Hi there,

Was wondering if we are still able to copy and paste You tube videos and place in our profile. I have tried several times, and the video appears as if all is okay, but when I "save changes" and check, it isn't there.  Any hints?

Thanks!

Let me go look and I'll get back to you.  Havent tried it yet so I will see.  

knightspawn5

Mine isnt holding a utube image either.  I see the picture go in but when I click save changes and go back to look, nothing is there....

DeepGreene
knightspawn5 wrote:

Mine isnt holding a utube image either.  I see the picture go in but when I click save changes and go back to look, nothing is there....

I just did it on my "About Me"... seemed to work fine. What browser are you using?

knightspawn5
[COMMENT DELETED]
knightspawn5
[COMMENT DELETED]