Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
SusanG
chess_kebabs wrote:
SusanG wrote:

I think there's a bug on the account privacy page. There used to be a box which you could tick if you didn't want to receive friend requests, but now there are two boxes about people being able to view your friends list instead.

That section  is a mess Susan.. I sent in a ticket this morning to say I am receiving messages from people who said they can't send me friend requests, they aren't going through. I saw no box to check in 'Privacy; to turn on or off receiving friend requests. Staff's reply was I need to check the first box that is under INVITES. The first box is 'Friends can view my friends'. Which is something completely different to accepting friend requests. So I checked the box for 'friends can view friends'  and sure enough I started receiving friend requests again. No logic in it, but there you go, that's what you need to do. 

But I was happy staff replied the same day and the problem was resolved, sort of. Resolved from my end for that particular issue, but not resolved at their end for having it right for all members. 

Thanks chess kebabs :)

SusanG
DeepGreene wrote:

SusanG wrote:

I think there's a bug on the account privacy page. There used to be a box which you could tick if you didn't want to receive friend requests, but now there are two boxes about people being able to view your friends list instead.

Agreed. The checkbox is mis-labelled. It's meant to determine whether or not you allow people to send you Friend requests. We'll fix!

Thanks for getting it fixed DeepGreene!

chess_kebabs

What's happening with the additional feature to hide your friends list Michael, is that far away? 

DeepGreene
chess_kebabs wrote:

What's happening with the additional feature to hide your friends list Michael, is that far away? 

It could be as early as tonight! That's the plan anyway.

chess_kebabs
DeepGreene wrote:
chess_kebabs wrote:

It could be as early as tonight! That's the plan anyway.

Yay! Party will be at my house.. you're invited Michael! 

chess_kebabs

In fact I will make you the guest of honour! lol

and Erik of course too. :D

chess_kebabs

Michael, are you aware of the bug where MESSAGES sent and received are only showing page 1? If you click on an earlier page it doesn't come up. Hope this gets fixed soon as I often need to copy and paste from past messages.  :)

Sooner

I've sent in two tickets about that very same problem. The first one seems to have been ignored. That's how I use it, too.

chess_kebabs

Ok Gerry. I hadn't sent in a ticket for it yet. No need to if you have done so.  Hopefully the software gurus can fix this bug soon, I rely on it a lot when adminning.

chess_kebabs

lol Joseph.. 

DeepGreene

Yes, the message issue will shortly be fixed too. :)

chess_kebabs

As we say in Oz.. you beauty! 

Thanks Michael. :)

himath2009

I have just noticed that game timeouts during team matches can now be easily identified - a small clock is placed for every game a player loses on time alongside his name and score...I consider this statistic a valuable team-admin tool...  

Very well done, staff, congrats... 

musicalhair

the list of vote chess games is, at least right now anyway, showing the games where I still have time to vote as "game over".  I don't know if this is the right place to post this, it is "feedback" though.

chess_kebabs

Kohai said today in the New Design Feeback Group that staff are aware of that problem musicalhair and they are working on fixing it. 

kohai

We have found whats causing a blank page for some on votechess, but we're still working on those timed out.

kohai

With vote chess, can you please see if they are still broken?

I need a group, and a link to a vote chess that is showing as having timed out please.

kohai

Update from one of the programmers - vote chess should now be fixed.

davrosFTM

During a game if I click on "explorer", there's no data on my previous games. "Master" games are fine and working properly, but I prefer to look at my own previous games to see what moves have worked best for me. I'd appreciate it if you could get this sorted.

DeepGreene
davrosFTM wrote:

During a game if I click on "explorer", there's no data on my previous games. "Master" games are fine and working properly, but I prefer to look at my own previous games to see what moves have worked best for me. I'd appreciate it if you could get this sorted.

Yikes... We'll get this fixed ASAP. Thanks for the heads-up.