Forums

New Site Design Feedback

Sort:
DrPhil

@kco

I wish people would stop with that line. The site needs to work, also with with non-favored browsers and somewhat older versions. Not everyone has control over which browser their IT department installs. A self-respecting website just needs to work with any browser. Period.

And yes, AFAIK on my home PC, both are up-to-date.

kco

fyi chess.com no longer working on older brower as erik point it out earlier.

DrPhil
kco wrote:

fyi chess.com no longer working on older brower as erik point it out earlier.

And I'll keep nagging about it till my subscription runs out or they fix it (in which case I might renew), whatever comes first. 

BTW, the fact that I have the exact same thing on chrome suggest it isnt even a browser issue tbh.

kco

nag on.

gambit-man
kco wrote:

excatly what are you having trouble with ?

i've been banging on about my troubles since the changeover was made, you don't seroiusly expect me to go over them all again do you?

and if i have a question for a staff member in these help forums, it often goes unanswered, or the answer given is so bad they might as well not bothered.

as for your suggestion that it's laziness that i can't navigate my way around the site - some people have difficulties adapting to such changes, some can't get round them at all. some people just aren't very good at navigating, that's the difference between a good site and a bad site, its ease of use. right now chess.com is anything but easy to use.

and in any case, why should i feel my way around the site to find all the things that don't work? they're only going to be changed again once they figure out to make everything work again.

i stand by my original point, they should change things back to the old format until they fix the new format. it just isn't working

Sooner
[COMMENT DELETED]
erik

i'm sorry to hear it isn't working for some people. unfortunately, we can't please everyone. fortunately, since the redesign we've had more people signup, more people playing, more people upgrading, and people spending more time on the site. 

i know that is frustrating and not a satisfying answer for some people. i'm sorry. 

we are happy to continue addressing any specific remaining issues, bugs, and suggestions. 

thank you!

DrPhil
erik wrote:

i know that is frustrating and not a satisfying answer for some people. i'm sorry. 

we are happy to continue addressing any specific remaining issues, bugs, and suggestions. 

thank you!

Get to work then. Today's list:

- seeing another players detailed stats (including draw %, average opponent level etc, which can be more interesting than pure rating) used to be a simple two-click operation, now I can't find it at all anymore.

- average time per move isn't even visible for your own games.

- despite some people saying otherwise, links to the chess-dot-com email are not to be found (if its a browser issue, I have it with both IE and chrome)

- vote chess leaderboard? Cannot be located.

- tournaments you joined but were eliminated from? Not showing under my tournaments anymore, untill they finished - which can take years.

gambit-man

put things in more natural places, everything is difficult to find now. today i had to be directed where to find the 'members' section, and i still cannot find the site rules.

also, the matter i spoke to you personally about some 38 days ago, with the 'post new topic' STILL hasn't been resolved

erik
DrPhil wrote:
erik wrote:

thank you!

Get to work then. Today's list:

- seeing another players detailed stats (including draw %, average opponent level etc, which can be more interesting than pure rating) used to be a simple two-click operation, now I can't find it at all anymore.

- average time per move isn't even visible for your own games.

- despite some people saying otherwise, links to the chess-dot-com email are not to be found (if its a browser issue, I have it with both IE and chrome)

- vote chess leaderboard? Cannot be located.

- tournaments you joined but were eliminated from? Not showing under my tournaments anymore, untill they finished - which can take years.

noted, despite your tone ;)

erik
gambit-man wrote:

put things in more natural places, everything is difficult to find now. today i had to be directed where to find the 'members' section, and i still cannot find the site rules.

also, the matter i spoke to you personally about some 38 days ago, with the 'post new topic' STILL hasn't been resolved

the idea of "natural" places is subjective. 

here are members: http://i.imgur.com/dir3K.png 

i'm sorry to ask again on this, but can you refresh for me the POST NEW TOPIC issue?

himath2009

The team matches in progress counter is back... Thank you, staff!

gambit-man

The 'post new topic' issue was that there is no button in the group forum for me to post a new topic. i have to go within a different topic before i can find the button. I really have only used my OTB club forum lately, haven't checked out other groups that i am a member of.

SusanG

This  box on the Privacy Settings page under Invites:-

TOURNAMENTS: allow others to invite me to a tournament

isn't working. I've had three invites for tournaments this week, even though the box isn't ticked.

whitebull

I sure would like it better if only my friends that are on-line showed up instead of the 12 randomly selected friends that show up now.

erik
gambit-man wrote:

The 'post new topic' issue was that there is no button in the group forum for me to post a new topic. i have to go within a different topic before i can find the button. I really have only used my OTB club forum lately, haven't checked out other groups that i am a member of.

it's the same for all groups, and it's right here... http://i.imgur.com/zHSCW.png 

what am i missing?

[EDIT: ah, i just found that it is at the bottom of the page on forum view pages. noted! and ticket created to fix it.]

gambit-man

it's not on this one at all:-

evanbaldonado

kco

Not sure if this the right place, anyway this has been mention earlier 3 months ago

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/suggestions/move-puzzles-out-of?lc=1#last_comment

but that thread is locked because the staff said they have taken notice of it but still when I click on  the New Unread Post look what we get ! and this happen also 24hrs ago (I had go through 7 pages of it before I could get to a decent comment) ! please do something about this. 

gambit-man
BorgQueen wrote:

Is that picture one of after a search gambit-man?

read my previous post!