Forums

Chess moves

Sort:
KINGDASHER

Hello all,

Doe the following code mean anything to somebody It got something to do with moving chess pieces on a chess board instead of a pgn file or fen file

Any help would be great.

Here is the code:

mC0KoE!Tnv5Qgm9Iks8!jzIPcqWGzG4Gq979lBKBmB98EMGMpFMGBQXQblZ
Jfx6Odk8KecPuheunlrKwefnucjOfrGwxGQ2UCJuPJR!2RYPYknfHnIxvIHvdiy
TJHAJPABdBsBPyjryPrsYwQzwFst2TtCTSzt1LCvFTtISJIrTBrBJB"

DavidMertz1

Can you tell us where you got this from?  More context can't hurt.

KINGDASHER

Sure. I would like to download a pgn viewer to insert in a web page. Looking at other sites to get some ideas but there were all done in Frames which is a very old way to insert code in a site,

The one in the chess.com page has only one page (no Frames). Much better way of doing it.

If you go to any of your played games in the view section you will have the board on the left and the notation on the right. If you right click on this page and select view source code and stroll down you will see this type of code. I have check it out and this is the code that shows the notation on the right and also moves the pieces on the board. 

So to me chess.com are using this type of code to allow you to moves your pieces on the board.

It may be that it is a PGN file converted to another language??

It would be great to know what type of code it is but it is defently been used by chess.com to move pieces on there PGN viewers.

Again any help with this would be great.

Thanks for replying to my message. Hope the extra information may be of use. Never seen this type of code to move pices in on a chess board like PGN and FEN??

KINGDASHER

Sure. I would like to download a pgn viewer to insert in a web page. Looking at other sites to get some ideas but there were all done in Frames which is a very old way to insert code in a site,

The one in the chess.com page has only one page (no Frames). Much better way of doing it.

If you go to any of your played games in the view section you will have the board on the left and the notation on the right. If you right click on this page and select view source code and stroll down you will see this type of code. I have check it out and this is the code that shows the notation on the right and also moves the pieces on the board. 

So to me chess.com are using this type of code to allow you to moves your pieces on the board.

It may be that it is a PGN file converted to another language??

It would be great to know what type of code it is but it is defently been used by chess.com to move pieces on there PGN viewers.

Again any help with this would be great.

Thanks for replying to my message. Hope the extra information may be of use. Never seen this type of code to move pices in a bioard like PGN and FEN??

DavidMertz1

Doesn't appear to be PGN.  From what I can tell, it uses 2 characters for each half-move, with 64 bit encoding.  But decoding the string just produces what looks like garbage - I assume the data is compressed somehow, and further decoded by the viewer.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

KINGDASHER

Would it be a PGN that is compressed  in a zip format. I was thinking the same that it may be compressed

KINGDASHER

It may have something also to do with the Jquery language.

Any software developers need help to know if the above is a compressed pgn format

KINGDASHER

Anybody knowns the CQL language in relation to PGN. I think the answer lies here some where????

king_chess_master

There are alot of chess moves you can make: 

Castling, Forks, Pins, Skewers, and all different types of checks