Forums

First Win Over A Master

Sort:
Shuffleking74

Funny thing was I lost the remaining 3 games afterwards. But this felt so sweet.

Mr_Spocky

Nice i never won against a real master.

Markle

Nice game, congrats on the win I beat my first Master OTB this past July hope i can get some more wins against them.

Shuffleking74

I almost blew the game there near the end. You get those nerves and you say to yourself is this really happening.

Ironknight777

Gud win..Congratz

Shuffleking74

I definitely paused before playing Rxd7. I am glad I didn't just play Rad1. I knew I had to go for it.

SmyslovFan

Congratulations!

How old is Feuerstein? He seems to have been around for ages.

TheOldReb
SmyslovFan wrote:

Congratulations!

How old is Feuerstein? He seems to have been around for ages.

He was born in 1935 . 

C-nack

He's a National Master? (I don't really understand American titles)

TheOldReb
Cnacnel wrote:

He is a NM , yes but his floor keeps him from going under 2200 no matter how bad his results , a travesty really.  He is 77 or 78  years old .  I salute him that he still has the energy/desire to keep playing tournament chess !  

C-nack
Reb wrote:
Cnacnel wrote:

He is a NM , yes but his floor keeps him from going under 2200 no matter how bad his results , a travesty really.  He is 77 or 78  years old .  I salute him that he still has the energy/desire to keep playing tournament chess !  

If it's what he loves. I see he is FIDE 2088 and he was 10 points away from getting CM, that's a bit unlucky.

And as to the floor thingy, I guess that's one of the reasons for rating deflation. 

SmyslovFan

I doubt he really cares about the CM title. IIRC he was +2400 USCF for a while back in the 1980s, 

JMB2010

I watched this game live :) But I wonder if white would have been able to prove the B+N mate after 58...Rxh7.