Forums

My best sacrificial game yet

Sort:
shepi13

I finished the following cc game today between me and an 1800 rated player. I was playing black and the game started as a sicilian but transposed to a french. After a couple risky but strong sacrifices, I managed to obtain a large advantage in both material and position. This is probably my best tactical performance ever.
shepi13

NOTE: I just looked at my engine, Qh5 mates in 8 while Qh8 mates in 10. Also, simply capturing the bishop was best with 30 ... Qxh2, because if Kxg4 then Bh5#. Qh3+ didn't have forced mate after Bg3, even though the bishop is still won. 

shepi13

Also, g5 lost the advantage due to exf6.

AndyClifton

Perhaps you should've looked at your engine first...

shepi13

yeah - but I knew there were no blunders or giant mistakes and my engine is pretty weak anyways. I'm still waiting for chess.com computer analysis.

AndyClifton

speaking of weak...lol

shepi13

Yeah - the premium one is better though, although it's still not strong at all.

mxiangqi

There are many strong engines you can download for free rather than

waiting for chess.com analysis. For instance, do a search for Houdini.

You have to pay for Houdini 2.0, but Houdini 1.5 is free for download and

is rated 3195 on the computer chess list. Houdini 1.5 also demolished Rybka 4 in a match.

Empowerbulldogdotcom

That was a great game. Your sacrifices were very clever. What was the outcome of the analysis?

justinwr092

That was one sexy game of chess.

x-4600006091

Very pretty game but quite a few inaccuracies/blunders. An interesting move which seems to force a win is 21. ...Rxh3+! 22. gxh3 (Kg1 is probably better but far too passive for White to get counterplay) gxh3 with the idea of playing g2 and a carefully-timed N-sac on e5 allowing for Be7-d6-h2 threats

AndyClifton

26... Rh4 also looks pretty good.

guguloiul

good game

shepi13

Yeah - 26... Rh4 looks to be winning more than Nxe5 only because of Bf4 pinning the knight to the queen. I would still be up 6.5 points according to analysis, compared to the 10 points it gives Rh4, but Nxe5 dxe5 Qxe5+ Bf4 results in a mate in ten. And the reason g5 doesn't work is because after all the exchanges he has a discovered attack on my rook.

stubborn_d0nkey

What did the analysis say for move 24, I like Rh2 then fxe5.

will be edited