Forums

Any Tools for Recreating Specific Chess Positions?

Sort:
defenserulz

Hi, 

I see that Chess.com has a cool tool called Game Editor, but just curious if there's a tool that lets you just recreate a specific positoin without having to go through the entire game in order to get to that position?

Thanks!  Tongue Out

jaclyn

We have the option in live chess for our premium members. You're able to use the analysis board in live chess to set up a specific position, and then play through it.  You can also invite people to the board so that they can see the position as well. 

mldavis617

Also note that the gameboards displayed have an FEN string available that you can save.

defenserulz

Tongue Out Ok, thanks!  I actually don't have Premium, due to economic reasons, but if I had the money, I"d definitely get it.  I LOVE this site!!!  (Still in school, so no money atm, lol)

Ooh yeah, I forgot to ask too, did GAme Editor change it's ability to copy/paste an entire game?  Just a few weeks ago, we could use Game Editor to play a game and then copy/paste the whole thing into the forums for discussion and/or illustration of strategy points.  But today, I saw that it's no longer allowable.  The button that used to be there to do this is gone.    Any help on tihs would be greatly appreciated! 

And thanks again!